Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By huja
  • 1 Post By imparanoic
  • 1 Post By Claire ex-ax

Music memorabilia

Closed Thread

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Music memorabilia

Is there anywhere in Hong Kong to sell music memorabilia, e.g. posters, tickets, t-shirts, for Western pop groups that won't rip you off?

Cheers.

Genuine stuff i assume?

I could have sworn someone had told me Kam Sheung Road Flea market had 70-80s memorabilia, but looking at their website it is not the place I was thinking about.

I assume Picture This is out of question?

跳蚤市場 錦田 錦上路站 西鐵

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    Is there anywhere in Hong Kong to sell music memorabilia, e.g. posters, tickets, t-shirts, for Western pop groups that won't rip you off?

Cheers.
    Why don't you give ebay a try with this stuff? Your pool of potential buyers would increase exponentially and HKG postage is among the cheapest in the world.
    shri likes this.

Completely forgot. Sam the record man might have something.

https://geoexpat.com/directory/cultu...alleries/17725

This is not too dissimilar to people in UK interested in Japanese and Korean pop/ballads, not exactly can find them on hmv or they won't be cheap

But considering UK music industry contributes to 20 percent of all music sales in the world, Hk selection is not too bad and apart from the niche market of merchandise,(which I buy online or Ebay UK anyway, experimental /indie /metal ain't popular in Hk) the cd prices are very reasonable

@imparanoic 'not too bad', but where does one find it?

Online yahoo auction, can't guarantee they are genuine, some are, some ain't

One direction

https://hk.search.shop.yahoo.com/sea...=One+direction

Or for no counterfeit, yes Asia com, but it ain't cheap, hmv has some as well, especially their flagship store in causeway bay

shri likes this.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    Why don't you give ebay a try with this stuff? Your pool of potential buyers would increase exponentially and HKG postage is among the cheapest in the world.
    We thought of this but it's not an available avenue. First, eBay Hong Kong is in Chinese. While it would be (laboriously) possible to post on there, there is a Second, that is to be an "international seller" one has to have a certain number of successful local sales.

The other possibility is Etsy, but one has to know the price to sell at.
    huja likes this.