sofa cushions...feather filling

Closed Thread

sofa cushions...feather filling

hi All

We have got a sofa that has cushions filled with feathers. The feathers have lost the softness over time and I need to get these refilled.
    Please can you let me know about a reasonably priced place to get this done? this is a large L shaped sofa so I need to find something that is not expensive.

I can goto Shenzhen but carrying these to Shenzhen will be a pain. I have a car so can drive to anywhere in HK

thanks a lot

Cushions are removable?

DIY option - buy some feather / down pillows @ IKEA and use the feathers?

We have a sofa repair guy who re-did our sofa from scratch, but unfortunately he works with foam.

yes they are removable
    but its a big sofa

if I use ikea feather pollows. We are talking around 25+ pillows
    is there another option in hk where i can take these and get these refilled.
    i am going to get the sofa cover done in lowu. will they also do this?

thanks,
    Bilal

Try searching through YP for some furniture repair / upholstery places.

Quite a few of these guys in Wong Chuk Hang and some other industrial areas. Avoid the 'Central' type outfits, they usually outsource to the industrial ones at 1/3rd the cost.

Furniture-Repairing & Refinishing - Kam Lun Upholstery Interior Decoration Co, Casey Workshop, Casey Workshop Ltd, Cheung Fat Professional Enginerring Co Ltd, Chung Ngai, Creation Curtain & Sofa Co, Ho Keung Sofa & Upholstery Fabrics, Lin Yiu Kee, To

(Avoid Casey .. expensive)

ok thanks i will check it out
    is it a good idea to just drop in there with the cushions. (they are big)
    or to call them first or visit them before going....

Sofa refill

Hi, I am looking for a foam refill and would appreciate if u could share your sofa guys contact. Thx