Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By huja
  • 1 Post By angeluscomplex
  • 1 Post By imparanoic
  • 1 Post By HK_Katherine

Salomon Hydration Belts + Soft Flasks

Closed Thread

Salomon Hydration Belts + Soft Flasks

This is for the hikers and trail runners.

Does anyone know a place where I can physically look at the Salomon hydration belts and the soft flasks in Hong Kong?

Especially interested in the

Salomon S-Lab Advanced Skin 3 Belt
    Salomon S-Lab Advanced Skin M Belt

Trying to figure out if they fit more than 1 500ml flask (ie. 4-6 flasks) as they claim it's good for 3L of fluids. All reviews I saw are just using it for the single included 500ml flask.

Alternative suggestions which can hold at least 2 large bottles (think 700ml Bonaqua bottles or similar) are also welcome. I don't mind holding 1 additional one in my hand during the beginning of my hike/run. I try to keep going for at least close to a half day with the water I can carry. And carrying water is the main function, while I would by happy if I can fit a phone and Octopus card too.

I'd love to physically buy instead of ordering online this stuff.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by 100LL; 30-07-2016 at 03:28 PM.

Find out the salamond distributor in Hk, they will confirm which stores stock this

100LL likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    Find out the salamond distributor in Hk, they will confirm which stores stock this
    But traditionally HK has a lot of gray importers for sports gear too... will give it a try though if no results on Geo almighty.

Aeon sells water bags- tough plastic bags which can hold a hell of a lot of water. Check Whampoa Gardens.

100LL likes this.

Are you limiting your search to belts? Because it seems a hydration pack might suit your needs quite well.

100LL likes this.

I'd love a belt, yes. So I don't need to carry a hydration pack or backpack on the long trips. Minimum water should be 1.5L or 2L (I could carry a flask/bottle in hand during the beginning to add up).

I saw Chamonix in Mong Kok had good 2 (large) bottle belts a few years in the past, but last time I checked they were gone. Seems I have to pay them another visit.

@huja, do you know any place where I could see/try a hydration pack in person? Edit: I just saw GoneRunning (Trust Tower, 68 Johnston Road) have various hydration packs/vests. Will pay them a visit when back in HK.

Last edited by 100LL; 31-07-2016 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 100LL:
    I'd love a belt, yes. So I don't need to carry a hydration pack or backpack on the long trips. Minimum water should be 1.5L or 2L (I could carry a flask/bottle in hand during the beginning to add up).

I saw Chamonix in Mong Kok had good 2 (large) bottle belts a few years in the past, but last time I checked they were gone. Seems I have to pay them another visit.

@huja, do you know any place where I could see/try a hydration pack in person? Edit: I just saw GoneRunning (Trust Tower, 68 Johnston Road) have various hydration packs/vests. Will pay them a visit when back in HK.

Sorry, can't help with HKG retailers. Their site does not list any HKG dealers.

Your best bet is Racing the Planet - you can check their website to see before you go. I've seen a huge range of salomon stuff there. Lantau Base camp may - I got the skins hydration pack for my husband there - but unless you want to go out to Mui Wo it's harder to see before you buy there. If you email them though Shane can tell you - and can probably order for you if you are really keen - he's a real (expat) hiker so very easy to deal with. I ordered the wrong size of pack for hubby - Shane emailed me to check that was really what I wanted because he knows hubby and didn't think it would fit - that's what I call service!

Finally - the other good shop for runners is Escapade - in Central (part way put the escalator) and Causeway Bay.

EDIT - racingtheplanet has this one: http://www.racingtheplanet.com/store...ab-2-belt.html

Lantau Base Camp has this one:
    http://www.lantaubasecamp.com/shop/s...-s-lab-2-belt/

Last edited by HK_Katherine; 31-07-2016 at 10:28 PM.
    100LL likes this.