Like Tree4Likes

Aug 2016 - Shenzhen tailor and fabric recommendations

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I'm sorry to be contradicting others, but Stephanie Lark International Apparel is probably the last tailor I would go to if I was in Shenzhen. I have been going there for years, got dozens of garments made for me, for my husband and for my kids, I have tried many different tailors and can categorically say that Stephanie is a crook. She may have been good a long time ago and now living off her reputation. I ordered one dress and one skirt from her and what came back was too small, I checked the measurement sheet and she had taken my measurements incorrectly! I was dumb enough to offer to pay for more fabric for her to fix HER mistake but she said I had to pay in FULL again!! That's what happens when they become too popular and get too many customers, they don't care if you are happy or not because they know plenty more will be coming. There are many other tailors on the same floor that speak perfect English and won't make mistakes like for example Rose in shop 33 inside the fabric market, or Susan shop 5056B.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast
    Not it is not. From what I have seen on FB The Sewing Network in Singapore, these home sewers put the work of Shenzhen shamans to shame. Us home sewers are not killing fashion except for wasteful disposable fashion. We save money and know that what we sew fits. ( despite a lot of unpicking and resewing seams...) Home sewing it only illegal if you buy a commercial pattern, such as from simplicity, produce multiples and sells them under your own table. Not for personal wear otherwise these companies would be out of business.

Quote Originally Posted by gevyta
    I'm sorry to be contradicting others, but Stephanie Lark International Apparel is probably the last tailor I would go to if I was in Shenzhen. I have been going there for years, got dozens of garments made for me, for my husband and for my kids, I have tried many different tailors and can categorically say that Stephanie is a crook. She may have been good a long time ago and now living off her reputation. I ordered one dress and one skirt from her and what came back was too small, I checked the measurement sheet and she had taken my measurements incorrectly! I was dumb enough to offer to pay for more fabric for her to fix HER mistake but she said I had to pay in FULL again!! That's what happens when they become too popular and get too many customers, they don't care if you are happy or not because they know plenty more will be coming. There are many other tailors on the same floor that speak perfect English and won't make mistakes like for example Rose in shop 33 inside the fabric market, or Susan shop 5056B.
    Same issue with Sally. Recommended to me when I needed work clothes but suffered from a frozen should and ended up in hospital. Appalling. But the gall of their's was to refuse to admit fault. You don't sew an invisible zip outside of a dress, or unlined bra tops, mismatched seams and the hems were so short despite insisting upon below knee, and way too tight even though I lost weight in hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by Natfixit
    Not it is not. From what I have seen on FB The Sewing Network in Singapore, these home sewers put the work of Shenzhen shamans to shame. Us home sewers are not killing fashion except for wasteful disposable fashion. We save money and know that what we sew fits. ( despite a lot of unpicking and resewing seams...) Home sewing it only illegal if you buy a commercial pattern, such as from simplicity, produce multiples and sells them under your own table. Not for personal wear otherwise these companies would be out of business.
    it is a parody of the 1980's campaign

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_T..._Killing_Music

HPa

I went to Simon recently, +86 135 0288 6906, with a rather particular friend, and he did some very good dresses and jackets. I got his name from a friend who'd been using him for about 20 years.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2