Like Tree22Likes

HK Air Conditioner Reviews / Ratings?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by big_panda:
    According to the contractor that came to do my AC cleaning, he said the inside parts of a Rasonic AC are more or less the same as Panasonic. Panasonic is distributed in HK by the same group as Rasonic. On the HK distributor's website it says "Rasonic by Panasonic":

http://www.rasonic.com/usm.ashx/e/44...99000706688798
    Yep, it isn"t the same, nor a sister company. Rasonic is the brand of Shun Hing Electric Works and Engineering Co., Ltd.

Panasonic is the brand of Panasonic.

Established in 1976, Shun Hing Electric Works and Engineering Co., Ltd (SHEW) markets Panasonic's products including lighting products, air conditioning and ventilating systems. We also launched our own Rasonic brand and promote KDK and Teka products, covering audio visual products and home appliances. To strive for excellence and cope with various needs, SHEW introduced Küppersbusch, a renowned German brand of built-in kitchen appliances in 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    Yep, it isn"t the same, nor a sister company. Rasonic is the brand of Shun Hing Electric Works and Engineering Co., Ltd.

Panasonic is the brand of Panasonic.
    Ok well maybe you could send a memo to the distributor to clarify that their own advertisement says "Rasonic by Panasonic"

I have bought at least 7 hitachi's in the past, they use to be the leader in terms of quietness.

The last 2 I bought are utter shit and had to call the engineer in after 8 months as bought had the temperature sensor failed. Once the warranty expires I can look forward to paying HK$480 for a HK$70 part.

I find Gree are way quieter.... I yet don't have the numbers in terms of efficiency....

Ok well maybe you could send a memo to the distributor to clarify that their own advertisement says "Rasonic by Panasonic"
    Maybe you could not be so fucking gullible

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    Maybe you could not be so fucking gullible
    Think you missed the point that Rasonic is an OEM of Panasonic. Much like KDK ventilation fans are identical to Panasonic fans.

Think you missed the point that Rasonic is an OEM of Panasonic. Much like KDK ventilation fans are identical to Panasonic fans.
    I thnk you missed the point that Rasonic is not a sister company of Panasonic! It isn't unusual for manufacturers to source common parts but if I put my Ferrari steering wheel into your Corolla it doesn't make Toyota and Ferrari sister companies.

Our Rasonics clearly indicate on the sides "Panasonic Appliances Air-Conditioning Malaysia" (made in MY), seems odd to let them slap these stickers on their products if no relation (unless it's a Samsung -TESCO deal).

Rasonic are decent, quiet and have an economical dry function. We had a Carrier years ago, it cools really well but was much nosier and had a low efficiency rating resulting in pretty high summer hydro bills.

big_panda likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4