Like Tree22Likes

HK Air Conditioner Reviews / Ratings?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

HK Air Conditioner Reviews / Ratings?

Is anyone aware of a good ratings / reviews site where I could research air-conditioners?

Our air con is dying and the manufacturer (General) is clueless about what is wrong with it - want to take it out and need 7-10 working days to figure out whats wrong with it. Cheaper to buy a new one after all the costs involved.

Particularly keen on checking power ratings, noise if possible.

I thought EMSD or EPD had a database somewhere which had some stats on power consumption. Cannot find it.

I have all Daikin inverter units in my place. Couldn't be happier. Quiet and efficient. Not cheap though. Daikin, Mitsubishi and Panasonic are probably the most expensive units out there. But they are supposed to be more energy efficient so save you money in long run. When we were renovating we did not want to get the Carrier, York, General and other cheaper brands.

gigglinggal likes this.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Here the energy labelling for the 'record of listed models' from the EMSD:

Energy Label Net | 能源標籤網

shri likes this.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

And there's this Consumer Council report on most energy-efficient air-conditioners:

https://www.consumer.org.hk/ws_en/ne...ditioners.html

The Standard article on same:

http://www.thestandard.com.hk/sectio....php?id=169379

Thanks! Unfortunately a split air con is out of question.... would simply require far too much reengineering / renovations.

Going to research the window equivalents of the recommended ones.

Wahh, no split type, are you sure? They can put those anywhere, give it a shot!

I went into Broadway, and after reading I believe that Mitsubishi Electric is the best Air con out there. Broadway was 8k for 1 1/2HP, asked for discount went down to 6900 includes basic install. Then looked on price.com.hk and saw them for 4900-5000k. Stopped at that point as worried about the install quality at the no-name air con suppliers. I need stuff run properly and hidden, before at my previous place the install guy cut a hole in my window to run a pipe, not having that this time around.

It isn't really that expensive and if you only need 1hp, you can get it for something like 4k plus install.

From what I understand, inverter provides both cheaper running costs, you need to find the efficiency as 1 (green) and it also has the heat option.

Yep - no splits.

By the way, any comments on Hitachi? I like that they have dual vents and a dehumidifier - but no point if they're not reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Thanks! Unfortunately a split air con is out of question.... would simply require far too much reengineering / renovations.
    there is a split type unit but outdoor unit is the shape and size of typical window unit

Carrier 42BG09/38BG09 1HP Silm Coooling Window Split Type Air Conditioner Showrooms

JAHerbert - seen those and... considered it a lot, but lets just say, it will not work for aesthetic reasons.

In our house, we only allow Van Damme splits.

Rob2020 likes this.

Any feedback on the reliability or issues with an inverter split aircon from Panasonic, Hitachi, or General? These seem to be the leading brands the sales guys recommend (other than Daikin, but its too $$). All priced around the same mark.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast