Like Tree12Likes

Amazon Prime launches in China

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Amazon Prime launches in China

https://techcrunch.com/2016/10/28/am...nches-in-china

"which will include free, cross-border shipping from the Amazon Global Store as well as no minimum free domestic shipping"

However no other perks, apart from shipping.

does this include HK?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue88:
    does this include HK?
    Lol, for the purposes of Amazon, Hong Kong is not part of China.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Hmm, so for Hong Kongers there are no perks of ordering from Amazon China opposed to Amazon.com or .co.uk?

I recently read an article somewhere in the German press that Alibaba has lots of European (German) partners selling their products directly in China using Alibaba and the Tmall, Taobao etc... some of the numbers where staggering. They had milk powder manufacturers of course and also discounters like Aldi which was a real surprise to me but makes total sense (Chinese people who can afford it want European stuff, no matter orange juice or face cream).

Hong Kong is just to small of a market for these guys to care, including Amazon (Prime), I guess.

irisboards, shri, Skyhook and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 100LL:
    I recently read an article somewhere in the German press that Alibaba has lots of European (German) partners selling their products directly in China using Alibaba and the Tmall, Taobao etc... some of the numbers where staggering. They had milk powder manufacturers of course and also discounters like Aldi which was a real surprise to me but makes total sense (Chinese people who can afford it want European stuff, no matter orange juice or face cream).

Hong Kong is just to small of a market for these guys to care, including Amazon (Prime), I guess.
    Tis true enough... though the lazy bargain chaser in me despairs

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    You can always use one of the plenty Taobao consolidators. Whether you buy from Taobao or Amazon or whoever in China doesn't make a difference.

Now, SF Express or some courier needs to integrate with Amazon for China-HK shipments, like TaoBao ...

Mrs. Jones likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    a number of courier / logistics companies like SF Express offer a China address which is integrated into TaoBao. We shop on TaoBao and send a number of products in from various TaoBao sellers to that address. SF or whoever it is on the other end, consolidates those into one shipment and ships to you in HK.
    flameproof and irisboards like this.

[QUOTE=shri;3490550]

Original Post Deleted
    ?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast