Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By imparanoic

Looking for plastic trims

Closed Thread

Looking for plastic trims

I've cut some metal casing, and due to my poor skills with a rotary tool and shaky hands, the metal edges are not very straight.

I'm looking for plastic trims like these:

Definitely in colour. Have you seen these around? Maybe bathroom shops in Prince Edward?

Can use the plastic clip from those file or folders. Or cut open a large diameter drinking straw and slide it over the rugged edgesz?

Last edited by East_coast; 30-11-2016 at 11:31 PM.

Thanks for the suggestions! Will have a look around Reclamation Street which the link is, and if I can't find anything suitable, I'll try the binder method!

can you use laminate trims?

IdealEdge®

even though you slag me off a few times, i offer the best solution for your problem, i have more pressing issues than be bitter on this argumentative forum (even if the person who gives out suggestions, intended to assist the op to the best of his intentions)

use larger heat shrink cable tubing/sleeve ( cut the one end), apply then use hair dryer to apply, it will shrink to the metal frame with a nice professional rubberised finish and more importantly, tight fitting to the problem, rather than a nasty loss shiny plastic trim which will fall off anyway.

other issues, this plastic trim, if it fall off from your presumably custom pc project, will melt on the hot graphics card which render it broken, while heat shrink tubing is designed for electronics ( so it only shrink once) and does not melt easy or even burn that easy, so safer for use on pc or electronics ( used to terminate my speaker cables with banana plugs to prevent oxidation or custom modified rgb video games cables etc)

jimbo likes this.

Just for once, please read what the other person wrote in the first place before replying. It'll will save the other person so much time in not bothering to have to read through the non-information you provide.

In the very first sentence I wrote that the metal edges are not straight. The shrunk heat shrink will follow closely the uneven edges, and thus will have an uneven finish as well. I would know all about heat shrinks as I make custom cables for my PC community and have done so for 20 years. I need something that already has a straight edge to it.