Like Tree4Likes

taobao for first time

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Hijacking the thread a bit... but I have my own taobao confusion. First time user here too.

I'm trying to order this outdoor sink:

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=...57&toSite=main

Seems many times cheaper than local stores, and if google translate deciphered the description right, it says free shipping to Guangdong province. So I expected I could ship it to a consolidator in Shenzhen and then pay the HK part of the shipping only.

When I add the item to my cart and go to the payment page, it does say:
    ?????? 0.00
    ?????? 58.00

But then it also slaps a 500 charge on top which google translates as "Express shipping". What's the deal? Am I doing something wrong, or was it too much to hopefully to begin with to ship a large item like this for a reasonable price? Is it basically saying "free shipping but I force you to pay 500 extra for the express service"?

Thanks...

@441211
    The shipping fee to HK is almost always wrong. There are two ways that work:

1. Use a consolidator

2. Ask seller to sell without any shipping fee and do SF collect pay (you may need SF account for that)

The $500 surcharge is Taobao's way of saying they don't ship it outside mainland China. Just order it and use a consolidator.

Quote Originally Posted by 441211
    Hijacking the thread a bit... but I have my own taobao confusion. First time user here too.

I'm trying to order this outdoor sink:

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=...57&toSite=main

Seems many times cheaper than local stores, and if google translate deciphered the description right, it says free shipping to Guangdong province. So I expected I could ship it to a consolidator in Shenzhen and then pay the HK part of the shipping only.

When I add the item to my cart and go to the payment page, it does say:
    ?????? 0.00
    ?????? 58.00

But then it also slaps a 500 charge on top which google translates as "Express shipping". What's the deal? Am I doing something wrong, or was it too much to hopefully to begin with to ship a large item like this for a reasonable price? Is it basically saying "free shipping but I force you to pay 500 extra for the express service"?

Thanks...

I am lost here! I ordered from Taobao yesterday for the first time, 2 items from the same seller.
    I left the consolidation option unchecked. I didn't pay any shipment fees, only the items' price.
    Now I searched the tracking number it's a shipping company called Yuantong Courier, it says items reached Shenzhen (Seller is based in Dongguan).
    Any idea what's going on?!

Pay on delivery? Is this express?

http://www.ytoexpress.com/cn/index/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by james_hklocal
    The $500 surcharge is Taobao's way of saying they don't ship it outside mainland China. Just order it and use a consolidator.
    But it seems the 500 fee appears no matter what option I select...

Is your consolidator address is chosen or your HK address is chosen?

Never mind the fee, you buy, but not pay. You ask the seller to adjust the price.

I'll try to place an order then, but where do you get the best english to chinese translation? So if I use topexpress are they able to speak english?

Another quick question: is the consolidator and delivery company the same? And did you see the 12-12 promotion recently,what does that mean?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast