Like Tree4Likes

taobao for first time

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

taobao for first time

Hi everyone,

I have been browsing taobao and have come across some interesting and cute things that I want to buy for my baby. However, the thing is that I have no knowledge of mandarin whatsoever. I have read some stuff online with some people saying that it is an amazing website where they have bought things from clothes to furniture while others claim that the sellers never sent the items they ordered.
    Do you think it is safe to but from taobao given that I dont know any mandarin? Are the sellers able to communicate in english? Will I be able to get a good deal if I dont know any mandarin? How much do they cost to send over the items to hong kong after consolidation??
    Any advice will be appreciated.
    Thanks!

Getting the item is not a problem. But if there is a mess up then how will you correct it. Also many times I've had to pay COD for items shipped to me. So you're out some money there if they do that.

I buy lots of stuff on Taobao, but I don't think I would buy anything that would come in contact with a dog, cat or baby.

Yes, you can use taobao without much Chinese once you know where to click and how to pay. I would say that 95% of sellers do not know English.

Why would you have to pay Cash on Delivery? And what consolidators do you use? I mean any good delivery companies to Hong Kong?

Thanks!

I don't do COD. I pay to the seller with credit card or octopus and consolidate everything with Topexpress >

Topexpress???????-????

I use Taobao quite a bit too for bits and bops. I buy stuff for our dog all the time, kitchen stuff, phone covers. I use a credit to card to purchase and send everything to SF Express cargo in Shenzen and then consolidate all my orders.

Don't read mandarin either. Rely on Google translate. I chat with sellers in English. Some reply in English or we use google translate

Quote Originally Posted by rani
    I use Taobao quite a bit too for bits and bops. I buy stuff for our dog all the time, kitchen stuff, phone covers. I use a credit to card to purchase and send everything to SF Express cargo in Shenzen and then consolidate all my orders.

Don't read mandarin either. Rely on Google translate. I chat with sellers in English. Some reply in English or we use google translate
    how do you go about setting up the SF express consolidation account? i've been relying on my colleagues and i think its time i buy on my own

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey
    how do you go about setting up the SF express consolidation account? i've been relying on my colleagues and i think its time i buy on my own
    I suggest Topexpress. There are many products SF will not accept. No such problem with Topexpress. With them you can chose a number of different delivery companies, including SF.
    dumbdonkey and shri like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey
    When you check out, there is a little box under your address that you check and its Taobao cargo. You then see a pop up with various providers. SF is the most expensive but as I know our local delivery guy feel more comfortable using them.
    dumbdonkey likes this.

I remember now, the problem with SF consolidation was that they don't have that for many products, tools i.e.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast