Like Tree8Likes

TaoBao shopping & delivery to HK

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

TaoBao shopping & delivery to HK

There were shipping agents for TaoBao few months back. Now they aren't available. Can you suggest some agents who can collect multiple orders and send goods to HK. TaoBao suggested ones are not processing order because of some size issue.

I used this one the last 10 times:

http://www.topexpress.hk/

PKS_2000 likes this.

Thank you. I will check soon and update my experience here for other readers.

do they speak English. Any English helpline / phone number ?

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    I used this one the last 10 times:

Topexpress託寶淘寶集運站-網站首頁

do they speak English. Any English helpline / phone number ?

First post.

I just started using Tiptrans in HK to receive packages from the US. I actually live on the mainland in China and travel occasionally to HK for business. Tiptrans seems to be pretty helpful so far. If you register with them, they will give you a Shenzhen address to collect items bought in China. They can send them to a Hong Kong address that they also supply, or to you directly. They speak English and so far, they are very quick to respond to questions and figure out any problems. http://www.tiptrans.com

We generally default to the SF express option. I've seen them delivering very large packages in our area. I think as long as it can be delivered by a single courier they accept.

The only time they've not delivered or accepted delivery has been either batteries in the gadget (blue tooth headphones) or "pesticides" (dog's flea collar).

In the last couple of weeks, I've been having problems with SF Express levying a $30 surcharge on my Taobao/Ali Express deliveries, claiming that postage had only been paid to deliver to an industrial area, when clearly my address states that it is an apartment block. It's never happened before, but has happened for 3 parcels delivered by SF Express, but no other packages. Has anyone else been experiencing the same thing?

Yes, it is standard SF policy atleast for China / HK deliveries to add a surcharge on non-industrial / commercial deliveries.

Inbound from US / UK and a few other destinations, like iHerb do not have the surcharge.

Their systems do not parse addresses and automagically determine that this is an apartment / residential address when you enter it in. So you get charged their standard fee when you check out. The local guys then determine that your address is residential and add the charge which is collected on delivery.

Quite a few people are unhappy with this - but... still cheaper than HK retail and still cheaper than taking public transport back and forth to wherever you can find whatever you're looking for.

emx and Scousebanana like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Scousebanana:
    In the last couple of weeks, I've been having problems with SF Express levying a $30 surcharge on my Taobao/Ali Express deliveries, claiming that postage had only been paid to deliver to an industrial area, when clearly my address states that it is an apartment block.
    There is a post-office-pick-up option. My post office has a sticker for that.

HK Taobao logistics deal offers customers savings on fees

Name:  2017-02-27 15.54.09.jpg
Views: 12434
Size:  1.95 MB
    Scousebanana and emx like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast