Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By JAherbert

Retractable clothing line

Closed Thread

Retractable clothing line

Back in UK it was common to have a retractable clothing line in the back garden, much like an enclosed fish reel. I'm looking for one here in HK so it would be more convenient for me to hang my clothes out to dry on the rooftop.

I've looked around Ap Liu Street, whilst I can find other gardening equipment such as hoses and tap fixtures, I can't seem to find these.

Anyone seen these about? Otherwise I'll have to get my mate who is visiting from the UK to bring one over.

You could try the outdoor furniture stores in Horizon Plaza (Ap Lei Chau).

Something like this paullam

like hotels use? shop in Jordan

Acme Sanitary Ware Co. Ltd.

East_coast and Natfixit like this.

Nope, those are a little lightweight, carrying round 22 pounds, need the ones we used back in UK thats much stronger.

In case you guys are wondering why I need it to support a little bit more weight; I'm planning ahead to when I'll be washing the duvets myself this spring/summer. With the added water in the duvet, it will be quite heavy.

Looked in AEON/Jusco today, no retractable clothesline, just a normal clothesline (a bit of rope) with an adjustable catch on it to adjust the length, that will do for now.