Like Tree27Likes

HSBC PayMe

Quote Originally Posted by Seagulls!
    Has anyone worked out whether you qualify for mileage/cashback from your respective credit card providers? Let's say i withdraw 100k over the next year using my BEA credit card, will I receive 20k Asia miles (based upon the 5>1 spend based offer)?
    Card issuers are not giving out miles on Payme transactions. This is slowly becoming the norm with all ewallets in HK apparently.
    HSBC and Stan Chart will also stop issuing any bonus points for transactions starting April.

Quote Originally Posted by JaredHK
    Card issuers are not giving out miles on Payme transactions. This is slowly becoming the norm with all ewallets in HK apparently.
    HSBC and Stan Chart will also stop issuing any bonus points for transactions starting April.
    Thanks Jared.

bdw

If you want miles, use the O! ePay app and you load the app by sucking money out of your Octopus card that is linked to AAVS using an android phone (impossible with iphone unless you buy some stupid reader). They still give miles for AAVS reloads.

JaredHK likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Seagulls!
    Thanks Jared.
    Ideally if they didn't lock the cards to HKD only... this could have been used to exploit points on overseas issued cards. Those would code payment as a regular overseas transaction and give out some decent mileage..

Has anyone managed to add a Cc to their wechat wallet? I only have the 7-11 option on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw
    If you want miles, use the O! ePay app and you load the app by sucking money out of your Octopus card that is linked to AAVS using an android phone (impossible with iphone unless you buy some stupid reader). They still give miles for AAVS reloads.
    Thanks. I am looking into setting up a SCB account and buying the reader. They don't accept joint accounts.
    The 100k limits are rather low IMO. I managed to earn 690k+ Miles in the past 4 months with my US cards.

Can you cash out into a bank account like Payme?

bdw

Quote Originally Posted by JaredHK
    Can you cash out into a bank account like Payme?
    Yes the O!epay app has a function to cash out to a bank account. It also can transfer in from a bank account, but I prefer to tranfer in from my octopus as that triggers an AAVS on my octopus which earns Asia miles. Its a loophole that I think is impossible for the banks to close unless they simply stop giving Asia Miles on all AAVS reloads completely.
    JaredHK likes this.

Yes the O!epay app has a function to cash out to a bank account. It also can transfer in from a bank account, but I prefer to tranfer in from my octopus as that triggers an AAVS on my octopus which earns Asia miles. Its a loophole that I think is impossible for the banks to close unless they simply stop giving Asia Miles on all AAVS reloads completely.
    Yep.. they can't plug this . I added my SBB AM card to Octopus and need to increase the load limit + register via scb for unlimited loads.

Thanks for the input.

bdw

I have confirmation from Standard Chartered that HSBC PayMe top-ups will not earn credit card reward points:

Dear Mr bdw

Thank you for your email of 21 March 2017.

We wish to advise that Asia Miles reward is not applicable to the mentioned transactions from “PAYME FROM HSBC HK HK”. Your understanding is highly appreciated.
    But this is only SCB and you will need to check with your own bank how they handle these transactions. The transaction itself appears as a normal credit card transaction, just doesnt earn any points.

So the O! ePay AAVS trick is the only way to scam extra miles at the moment. You can basically earn 100 Asia miles per day per octopus if you are persistent and just suck the money out of you octopus and dump it back into your savings account. I'm personally not arsed to do it but I wonder how many people are going through this cycle daily and I think you can add up to 10 octopuses per account so you could get quite a little scam going on here.
    JaredHK likes this.

I have confirmation from Standard Chartered that HSBC PayMe top-ups will not earn credit card reward points:

But this is only SCB and you will need to check with your own bank how they handle these transactions. The transaction itself appears as a normal credit card transaction, just doesnt earn any points.

So the O! ePay AAVS trick is the only way to scam extra miles at the moment. You can basically earn 100 Asia miles per day per octopus if you are persistent and just suck the money out of you octopus and dump it back into your savings account. I'm personally not arsed to do it but I wonder how many people are going through this cycle daily and I think you can add up to 10 octopuses per account so you could get quite a little scam going on here.
    As of April all PayMe coded transactions will not earn miles or bonus points. I heard this from HSBC last week and folks at Citi and BEA confirmed this.

as for O! Pay .. are you sure about these earn limits? I was given the impression by scb staff yesterday that if my octopus was linked to other banks there are. Or really any specified limits. I just ordered the reader and am in the process of getting verified.