Where can I buy Sony Ericsson w810i?

Closed Thread

Where can I buy Sony Ericsson w810i?

Hey there,
    I want to a buy a sony ericsson black w810i phone. This phone is released in 2006 but has been discontinued because it is an old phone by now. It is still available in the market and on the internet. My friend is in Hong Kong living in Central for holidays. Which shops in Central can I ask him to go and buy this phone. I can ask him go to the Sony Style Store In Central to check but I have checked the Sony Style website already. I could not find that phone on sony style website. But i told him to go to the sony shop at 60 - 68 Des Voeux Road and check the phone out in his spare time. Apart from the sony style store, which shops can I buy a Genuine and trusted W810i black colour in located in Central? I want a genuine w810i and not a fake or knockoff w810i which breaks down after few days. Please advice me and name me the shops in Central. Thank you.

Last edited by soccercop; 09-11-2008 at 12:35 AM. Reason: spelling mistakes

if you want second hand phone, ( unlikely to get a w810 brand new) you need to go to mong kok's sin tat centre for discontined/used phones (expect prices to be about HK$800-1000).

Alternatively, have you considered similar but more recent phones such, however, these phones have no auto focus camera, but generally better specs than w810 as :-

w880 (should be around HK$1,100-HK$1,200, superthin as well as better resolution screen)

Sony Ericsson W880 - Full phone specifications

k530

Sony Ericsson K530 - Full phone specifications

or

w660

Sony Ericsson W660 - Full phone specifications

My experience with trying to buy electronic stuff in HK is that it's really hard to buy anything that's not bang up to date (I'm looking for a polar heart rate monitor that's still made but not the newest model, and it's impossible). I get the impression that shops here compete to have new stuff in and just don't stock "old" models - having said that I have not tried the shop mentioned above and it sounds useful. If you are looking for somewhere in the world (as it sounds like you don't live here) to buy this phone, I'd try places that are not so focussed on "the newest model asap" - like Australia or, even better, New Zealand (a country where it's almost impossible to buy the newest model of anything, ever!). NZ is also a fantastic place for second hand (try trademe.co.nz) if you have any friends who live there.....

also try ebay ( buying from outside of hk) or yahoo auction (sadly only in chinese)