Like Tree10Likes

Leo's meat store - problems

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Leo's meat store - problems

So it seems that Leo's is going through some problems again.
    Their website is down. I called and they don't want to take my order.

So, any recommendations for another meat shop?
    I usually buy pork fillet, mince beef, salmon fillet and cedar cheese from them.

Thanks,

Less choice but much cheaper than Leo :
    http://www.bgf.com.hk/

Quote Originally Posted by Beuze:
    Less choice but much cheaper than Leo :
    http://www.bgf.com.hk/
    I order cheese, Salmon and minced beef from BGF. Think they're owned by the same company as Leo's.

The rest of the meat , chicken, ribs, beef order from Lung Wah the wholesaler near the Belcher's. Free delivery over $1000 - neighbor and I order together.
    BCD likes this.

FYI - BGF and Leos are owned by by Dah Chong.

DAH CHONG HONG HOLDINGS LIMITED - DCH FOOD MART

BCD likes this.

I've used MM Fresh Foods a bit. Similar to Southstream. Their Tasmanian vege boxes are good.

http://www.mmfreshfood.com/shop/

I like My Meat Man (http://www.mymeatman.com/) - no sniggers please

Great meat, no cheese though

kpelszyn likes this.

Great value steaks.

Oriole Food Company Ltd.

Thanks
    How do you order from Lung Wah? Just walk into the shop? Or do you have to phone and get a price list?

Ordered from BFG today and was surprised at the price, for which I assume is the same product I was ordering from Leo's as its the same overall company. Could be different but descriptions seem the same and I doubt they would have 2 different salmon suppliers. Service also much better so far.
    I feel really ripped of by Leo's all these years. On BFG the mince beef is $22 cheaper /kg, salmon $23, cedar cheese $38 and pork fillet $43 / kg!
    Why didn't someone tell me sooner

Quote Originally Posted by rani:
    I order cheese, Salmon and minced beef from BGF. Think they're owned by the same company as Leo's.

The rest of the meat , chicken, ribs, beef order from Lung Wah the wholesaler near the Belcher's. Free delivery over $1000 - neighbor and I order together.
    Beuze and MandM! like this.

The products are the same. Have ordered from both too.

Lung Wah, I email them. Can share the price list with you. They Whatsapp you when the order is packed with the invoice total, so you can pay on delivery.

BCD likes this.

And I expect that there will be more trouble / pricing changes with Leo's and BGF in the next year or two.

Dah Chong Hong Holdings Ltd, one of Hong Kong’s leading food retailers and importer of motor vehicles, will unveil a strategic change of direction of its mainstay business, as it’s poised to report its sixth consecutive year of declining profits.
    Dah Chong Hong was founded in 1949 as a trading company. It was acquired by Chinese conglomerate Citic Pacific in 1992, and taken private. After renaming it, the company was listed again on the Hong Kong bourse in 2007 under its current name.
    The company’s chairman Zhang, 61, is also chairman of Citic Pacific China Holdings, and vice president of Citic Ltd.
    Dah Chong Hong seeks to remake business to reverse profit slump | South China Morning Post
    BCD likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast