Like Tree12Likes

Vit C, Low Sodium Bread, Yakult/Yoghurt Probiotic alternative?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Vit C, Low Sodium Bread, Yakult/Yoghurt Probiotic alternative?

What Vitamin C tablets do you guys take?

Ideally I want a Vitamin C tablet with Zinc as I find Redoxon keeps me from getting sick but it's just too high in sodium.

Also, low sodium bread? I get wheat bread from St. Honore but is also high in sodium.

My macros currently are around 2500mg of sodium per day but want to get it below 2000mg.

Finally, I take Yakult and a swiss yoghurt everyday but was wondering if a probiotic would be a suitable alternative? There is total of 19g of added sugar in both. :/

Vitamin C - eat fruit. no need for pills.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by periphery831:
    Finally, I take Yakult and a swiss yoghurt everyday but was wondering if a probiotic would be a suitable alternative? There is total of 19g of added sugar in both. :/
    Yakult light is 10HKD for a pack of 4 if I remembered correctly - that would be the alternative to the original Yakult.
    periphery831 likes this.

Went to get Yakult light but then found the Kefir Cat was talking about.

Pomegranate Blueberry BioKefir™ Immunity - Lifeway Kefir

What do you guys make of it? Is that 1000mg of Vit C from fruit?

Also, I bought this bread but didn't realise the sodium was 400mg, not 0.4mg LOL

https://hk.iherb.com/pr/Mestemacher-...oz-500-g/34245

I don't want to make bread but there must be a low sodium bread you can buy?

There is no advantage to taking more vitamins than the body needs, by the way. It just excretes them. So those 1000mg vitamin C pills are a complete waste of money.

Liposomal Vit C

I use Liposomal Vit C 1000mg on empty stomach if I'm feeling under the weather. It's better than IV drips I heard.

Also take a probiotic supplement 5/10 billion.

Wouldn't recommend Yakult esp in the summer as heat (from transporting/bad storage) kills the good bacteria you want easily. Also, the ridiculous amount of sugar in it...

Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by saragreenhk:
    I use Liposomal Vit C 1000mg on empty stomach if I'm feeling under the weather. It's better than IV drips I heard.
    Better than an IV drip of what?

What about acerola extract? The Kefir product I stated previously contains 1000mg Vit C?

Anyone seen Ezekiel low salt bread in HK?

You can go to mannings and buy a tube of effervescent tablets which is exactly what you want. It contains Vit C 1000mg + Zinc 10mg.
    I am a fruit person and eat lots of fruit. But I still take this supplement when I feel I am going to get a cold/flu.

You can bake your own low sodium bread, which is easy and you know exactly how much sodium intake.

There is too much sugar in Yakult. And the probiotics inside probably won't help once it enter your gut. There are too many brands of probiotics in the market. It is difficult to tell which one suit you best. But I read from a forum that transient bacteria is better than resident bacteria. You can ask your health expert and ask for recommendation.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast