Like Tree12Likes

Consumer rights in Hong Kong for refund / exchange?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Consumer rights in Hong Kong for refund / exchange?

are Hong Kong consumers not entitled to a 10 day money back from shops? I had bought a blender from Fortress yesterday and it really does not meet my requirements. It gies off a bad bunt plastic smell and switches itself off for ~15mins, after mins of low power usage. I will instead buy a top blender that fortress do not retail, so like my money back. But if not possible exchange it for something else
    I bought with my visa card if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by TastyTrader:
    are Hong Kong consumers not entitled to a 10 day money back from shops? I had bought a blender from Fortress yesterday and it really does not meet my requirements. It gies off a bad bunt plastic smell and switches itself off for ~15mins, after mins of low power usage. I will instead buy a top blender that fortress do not retail, so like my money back. But if not possible exchange it for something else
    I bought with my visa card if that helps.
    HKG's consumer protection laws/policies are laughable, especially with services (i.e. PCCW). I've fought tooth and nail to exchange an item once at Fortress (a toaster that wasn't big enough to fit standard size sandwich bread slices) but never attempted to get my money back.

Quote Originally Posted by TastyTrader:
    It switches itself off for ~15mins, after mins of low power usage.
    Shouldn't it be rights and responsibilities

Is it Fortresses fault you did not do enough research into what you want to buy?
    Last edited by East_coast; 26-05-2017 at 06:56 AM.

If it is defective, they will replace with another item which will become defective sooner or later. After that, they will pass you off to the manufacturer whose availability is as hard as the great wall of China. Welcome to HK where retails are dominated by a few owners and they dont give a shit about your buyers remorse over a cheap plastic blender.

You have no rights here.

Mrs. Jones likes this.

It's possible to return at Fortress.

First you ask for a manager then you do the 3 step return process.

1) what's wrong
    2) what you want done
    3) what will happen if you don't get #2 (mention police)

be firm the return can be fast. If not then go psycho. But might not be worth it for a blender. Up to you good luck

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!:
    It's possible to return at Fortress.

First you ask for a manager then you do the 3 step return process.

1) what's wrong
    2) what you want done
    3) what will happen if you don't get #2 (mention police)

be firm the return can be fast. If not then go psycho. But might not be worth it for a blender. Up to you good luck
    hmmm, mr police person, my blender blends. Am i the only person that blends non-stop for 15 minutes and complain the overheating shutoff switch is ruining my blending experience?
    East_coast, shri and MandM! like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    Customer: hmmm, mr police person, I bought a cheap blender. My blender blends. Am i the only person that blends non-stop for 15 minutes and complain the overheating shutoff switch is ruining my blending experience?
    Policeman: Perhaps you should of bought a heavier duty model?

Corrected it for you

If it is defective then they will exchange it. If you waited too long they would tell you to get it fixed under warranty.

chuckster007 and East_coast like this.

usual practice is 7 days exchange, since ur at 10 days then if you think there is something wrong then they will tell u to contact the manufacture as its still under warranty.

NO CHANCE OF CANCELLING THE SALE AND GETTING MONEY BACK

Last edited by chuckster007; 26-05-2017 at 02:36 PM. Reason: spelling error
    shri likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast