Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By answerer

Singapore: Amazon Prime now available

Closed Thread

Singapore: Amazon Prime now available

Amazon Prime Now: Can Singapore deliver? | This Week In Asia | South China Morning Post

So it seems that Singapore will soon have Amazon Prime, following Japan and China. I wonder when and if we'll ever be so lucky?

Seriously, I miss amazon in HK so much

Is there a reason why Amazon has little to no availability in HK? Is it just the shipping costs?

Taobao basically dominates in HK. Much cheaper delivery costs and shorter delivery time, if you dare to test your luck against counterfeits and low quality goods.

Quote Originally Posted by tf19:
    Is there a reason why Amazon has little to no availability in HK? Is it just the shipping costs?
    Lots of items on Amazon now ship to HK. Add in a HK shipping address and check the "International Shipping" filter to show you which ones.

Shipping charges are high if you're buying a single item, but if you add together a number of items, it's quite cheap, because each additional item only adds a little to the shipping charge. Especially Amazon US. Amazon UK seems to be more expensive.

I suspect the items that don't ship to HK are because: 1)Sold by individual retailers instead of Amazon 2)Licensing/distribution restrictions.
    shri and mlclau like this.