Like Tree9Likes

Worst Experience Buying Watch from Tudor and Chow Tai Fook

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Question Worst Experience Buying Watch from Tudor and Chow Tai Fook

I purchased Tudor watch from Chow Tai Fook in Causeway Bay on the first day of May. During the first week of usage, the watch was already slowing down, and less than a month it was very much malfunctioning, with hours of the watch not working. I approached Chow Tai Fook which sent it to the Service Center as "Priority" (as it's less than a month), promising that it would be fixed within 10 days.

I went to the shop on June 14th (within 2 weeks of my watch sent), and approached the salesperson only to be informed that I should wait indefinitely, and that absolutely nothing was being done about it. I had to literally yell in the shop until the Assistant Supervisor would phone the Service Center to follow up on my case. Fast forward nearly a month later, I received my watch back - only to discover the watch not working AGAIN after merely two days.

I approached Tudor Service Center with Chow Tai Fook's salespersons, only to receive the technician's response there being "Nothing wrong with the watch". Both Tudor and Chow Tai Fook refused to bear any responsibilities, given this denial.

Is this how Tudor get away with all their after sales services, simply denying everything albeit my watch slowing down for 3-4 hours? I am essentially receiving a defective product right from the start with both parties denying responsibilities - expecting me to simply accept that I am being ripped off and unable to address this issue with the person of authority (I could only deal with CTF's Shop Manager who only speaks Chinese and has no power).

Has anyone ever had such experience before? Any advice on what actions I should take?

Hong Kong consumer council

Credit card -- dispute transaction or some cards provide a refund for issues like this

Police -- make a scene when they are busy, insist for report filing, let the store manager know you will call the police. Usually they want to save face and avoid damaging their image. Take photos and post on social media and send to SCMP when the police arrive. Bad publicity can help your case.

@MandM!: Thank you! I have in fact made quite a commotion in the shop - three days of yelling for hours, all the staff there have recognised me by now. I have threatened them with publicity, but they insisted that they are simply following the protocols and couldn't do anything about it. The issue is that Tudor denied any issues with the watch, so quite doubt the credit card approach would work.

Any other platforms aside from SCMP? I've contacted them via email but they're unresponsive. Could I contact the police for this whole issue? Honestly, I just want my money back right now..Tudor's QC is a total joke.

Thanks a lot!

Would like to know which model and how much is it slowing down each day? how many hours does it run after giving it a full wind?

Depends which card. American Express for example will let you return anything within 45 days and you don't need a reason. Some other cards have this as well it's called 45 day cover. There is a limit of coverage that they offer. Anyway not sure if it's broke or what. Is it close to what is advertised or seriously off. Is it COSC? I'm sure if the watch isn't holding then there are plenty of people you can report this too.

If I had a problem with a watch I'd be calling the police, having them show up to the shop and doing the full thing and saying it's fake and you need an investigation or something like that. Then any officer who doesn't assist you file a complaint against the individual for not doing their job. I think it will be taken a bit more seriously after that. You can report to no fakes organisation too.

Its a bit of a stretch but if it isn't working then something isn't right....

I'm a bit surprised that the service centre didn't do anything. Did it ever go to the actual service centre? Rolex takes months so to hear your couple weeks is a bit of a shocker.

@reprazent: Unfortunately the receipt is in Chinese, but it mentioned 70M Tudor 74000. Initially it was around 1-2 hours, then it became worse, got to a point where it was supposed to be 4 p.m. and the watch was still at 11 ish. On average 3-4 hours each day, despite giving the full wind. Honestly I'm not the kind of person who constantly looks at my watch, but so many occasions the seconds were basically not moving.

Last edited by isabellep; 27-06-2017 at 12:50 AM.

That's interesting. I use Visa though, they don't seem to have such a program. I don't think the watch itself is fake, but one way or another, the product can't even perform its very basic function of showing the correct timing. Not sure regarding the COSC unfortunately. I might give the police report a shot, but I've had quite a headache these days, really don't feel like yelling for another hours. It's insane how I have to do all these just to get their attention.

Regarding the Service Center yes, I actually went there myself. It's in the same floor as Rolex' in Jardine House, Central. The promise was to have it fixed within 10 days, and yet it apparently took nearly a month. I spoke with the CS who mentioned it typically takes around 2 weeks up to a month. And she literally told me upfront that during those so called one month of repair, the technicians did absolutely nothing on it as they couldn't find anything wrong. They have a technician standing by in the SC who simply advised the watch to be sent back and "cleaned up".

Original Post Deleted
    : I wear it everyday, around 9 a.m. till 8 p.m. ish. I always asked the people in Rolex/ Tudor center to do all the readjustment and winding of the watch. The second time that this happened (after the so called service), it was just two days after my watch was fully winded by the Assistant Manager in CTF, and then 3 hours flew by with the watch not working..

EDIT----

nevermind, you already been to the service center...

Last edited by reprazent; 27-06-2017 at 01:26 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast