Like Tree10Likes

Cheap Ceramics / Popup Shop Locations

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Cheap Ceramics / Popup Shop Locations

Again in a bit of a bind... can anyone tell me where one of those cheap dishes shops might be in Wan Chai? I know I've seen them, but I'm not exactly sure where and would be helpful to know instead of just wandering around... I know in Sheung Wan they've recently opened one near Exit B and they also sell small plants.

It's the kind of shop that is very basic, has Chinese made dishes with nice patterns or sometimes some traditional ones. Usually each dish is $10 or less.

Any clues?

Thanks! Was thinking about them, but if I'm not mistaken they're a little more expensive than these "pop up" shops I have in mind. Still, will give them a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    Thanks! Was thinking about them, but if I'm not mistaken they're a little more expensive than these "pop up" shops I have in mind. Still, will give them a look.
    You could have a look around the wet market in Wan Chai Road, they have some cheap porcelain on display at times.

If you don't mind, please also see this. Not 100% sure if it closed down. Thanks!

https://www.google.com.hk/maps/place....1746579?hl=en

Name:  dish shop.png
Views: 570
Size:  1,010.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by emx:
    You could have a look around the wet market in Wan Chai Road, they have some cheap porcelain on display at times.
    Inside the wet market?

You could also try the Jusco stores that used be the $10hk stores. There is/was one in Wan Chai a bit East of the MTR station.

There's one on Wan Chai Road. Walked past it yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Geebet:
    There's one on Wan Chai Road. Walked past it yesterday.
    Where exactly? The one that hin23leung mentioned near Johnson Rd.?

I went looking -- no luck. King Tat Hong does have some really nice things, but plates are $68 each, so a bit too pricey.

I found the one that hin23leung mentioned, but the stuff they had wasn't quite the right style (kind of oldish looking stuff).

*sigh* Will maybe have to go to Sheung Wan... dunno, maybe I'm thinking these dishes are cheaper than they are.

Remember that any pottery may well be coated with "nasty" lead etc before firing - and leach these substances into the food as time goes by.

Caveat Emptor!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast