Like Tree4Likes

Where to find raspberries in Kowloon?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by AJZ:
    ???

"A way to get through customs..."

"Don't suppose I can import..."

Just find an online store in the U.K. That ships overseas and order. Many websites do this for expats. There is no issue with customs. What is it you are talking about?
    :s my life as a tortoise out of water. Which is to say I'm constantly confused about life and keep thinking I should go swimming when swimwear kills me.

Lmao!

What am I talking about? Idk but I'm having a good time with not taking life seriously.

:3

(but on an actual note, been there done that and it's just not worth it lmaoo) (plus sainsbury taste the difference cookies don't ship abroad :/)

Quote Originally Posted by Ark:
    That... does sound like a problem >.>. Don't suppose I can import Sainsburys Taste the Difference cookies to Hong Kong lmao! Honestly it'd probably be cheaper, if I found a friend to send it and a way to get it through customs. Hah.

I shall persevere! Where there's a will there's a way :s. Thank you for the help!! I might try Marketplace- I haven't seen any at my local Wellcome and Park'n'Shop.
    When you're in Marketplace, look carefully, and maybe talk to the staff - they've started selling a small amount of Sainsbury's own-brand stuff, in the same way that Park'n'Shop and friends sell a limited amount of Waitrose stuff. You might get very lucky and find they actually have them, or if you ask the staff nicely they might put in a word at head office to get them added to the list...

Of course raspberries are expensive in Hong Kong! They need a cool climate (= flown on a jet from far away) and are incredibly delicate (=excessive packaging that ends up in landfill).

Take advantage of your chance to enjoy mangosteens, jackfruit, longan, papayas and mangos!

Fiona in HKG likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    M&S have decent raspberries. Fusion in Clearwater Bay manage to keep theirs reasonably well. I buy them when they are 2 for 1 at Fusion and put them straight in the freezer Then I take a handful out when needed. Quite refreshing as a frozen snack, or thawed in Greek yoghurt.
    Yes, check Marks and Spencers- I have purchased them from the freezer section. Also, would freeze dried raspberries work in your recipe? You can buy those from Iherb or perhaps one of the local health food shops (not sure which one I've seen it in before so you might need to just go exploring).

Three Sixty Supermarket always has some. Very $$$$ though!

I didn't see raspberry cookies, but taken this evening in Marketplace in Sheung Wan:
    Name:  cookies.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  1.48 MB