Like Tree4Likes

Where to find raspberries in Kowloon?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Where to find raspberries in Kowloon?

I've been keeping an off eye out for raspberries (frozen or fresh) for a few months now in supermarkets like Wellcome and Park'n'Shop, and I've yet to have noticed any =/. Has anyone found them before (maybe in Mong Kok) for less than extremely-exorbitant-save-me-I'm-poor prices?

(I only wanted to bake some raspberry and white chocolate cookies) (yikes) (where are my raspberries)

I buy them almost every week at Taste but it's in Wan Chai. I'm surprised you are having trouble finding raspberries though as I have seen them a bunch of times at different wet markets/fruit stands.

Although my local PnS/Marketplace have them I've stopped buying raspberries because I've found that their shelf life seems to be measured in hours rather than days! And they aren't cheap. Isn't there something else you can put in your cookies?

Quote Originally Posted by Tripsearching:
    I buy them almost every week at Taste but it's in Wan Chai. I'm surprised you are having trouble finding raspberries though as I have seen them a bunch of times at different wet markets/fruit stands.
    Ohh man. I've actually seen them before at a market! But they were somewhere close to 10 quid and I was appropriately interested for 2 seconds before I bought the oranges instead.

I assumed they were imported from Japan or something and were gourmet raspberries (I dunno how raspberries can be gourmet but there you go; my level of culinary intelligibility just popped a level). I was thinking your average pack of raspberries would be around the 20-35 dollar range? Somewhere more affordable for me but I'm honestly not sure now.

I might just visit Wan Chai and take a look though! Ty for the help Q_Q. How much did they cost?

Quote Originally Posted by dentarthurdent:
    Although my local PnS/Marketplace have them I've stopped buying raspberries because I've found that their shelf life seems to be measured in hours rather than days! And they aren't cheap. Isn't there something else you can put in your cookies?
    Ohhh man, there is but! If gluttony is a sin, I'm bound for the third circle. I've been making some blueberry cookies but man, raspberry and white chocolate cookies. Highkey craving.

Ohh man. Marketplace. There's one in Mong Kok but I've always been scared to go in, it just looks expensive. Now that I start connecting 'expensive' and 'raspberries' I might try going in after all xD.

(and O_O hours?? that's) (wild) (Yikes)

I should have added that my local supermarkets (PnS, Wellcome, Marketplace) have both "organic" and normal raspberries from time to time. The "organic" ones are 2-3 times the price of the non-organic ones.

But they both have the problem of very limited shelf life IME.

Ark likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dentarthurdent:
    But they both have the problem of very limited shelf life IME.
    That... does sound like a problem >.>. Don't suppose I can import Sainsburys Taste the Difference cookies to Hong Kong lmao! Honestly it'd probably be cheaper, if I found a friend to send it and a way to get it through customs. Hah.

I shall persevere! Where there's a will there's a way :s. Thank you for the help!! I might try Marketplace- I haven't seen any at my local Wellcome and Park'n'Shop.

If money is no object then I guess I'd go to Great or CitySuper. They seem to have much better cold-chain management so you should be able to get usable raspberries there. At a (rather silly) price.

Ark likes this.

M&S have decent raspberries. Fusion in Clearwater Bay manage to keep theirs reasonably well. I buy them when they are 2 for 1 at Fusion and put them straight in the freezer Then I take a handful out when needed. Quite refreshing as a frozen snack, or thawed in Greek yoghurt.

ddubya likes this.

I think I saw some at the mini marketplace at Olympic station (not sure). They did have Canadian blueberries.

Quote Originally Posted by Ark:
    That... does sound like a problem >.>. Don't suppose I can import Sainsburys Taste the Difference cookies to Hong Kong lmao! Honestly it'd probably be cheaper, if I found a friend to send it and a way to get it through customs. Hah.

I shall persevere! Where there's a will there's a way :s. Thank you for the help!! I might try Marketplace- I haven't seen any at my local Wellcome and Park'n'Shop.
    ???

"A way to get through customs..."

"Don't suppose I can import..."

Just find an online store in the U.K. That ships overseas and order. Many websites do this for expats. There is no issue with customs. What is it you are talking about?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast