Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

HKTVMall has San Benedetto 1.5Lx6 for $64

San Benedetto | Sparkling Natural Mineral Water | HKTVmall Online Shopping

Original Post Deleted
    water + CO2. Sodastream

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    water + CO2. Sodastream
    Really? I looked for sodastream when we firstly arrived and couldn't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Really? I looked for sodastream when we firstly arrived and couldn't find it.
    soda lover

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Cool thanks. Our sodastream has been languishing in the back of a cupboard. Might get it out and see if we can buy some co2 to fit.

Original Post Deleted
    The sodastream co2 by itself costs HKD6 per Liter.

I think co2 cartridges for a seltzer bottle will also be a similar price

Good topic - I've tried the Polish sparkling water from Vanguard before. Very good. That and the San Pellegrino from 759.

That being said it tastes better out of a glass bottle but I'm yet to find a reliable supply of glass bottle sparkling water at a good price.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    water + CO2. Sodastream
    I think the CO2 refill is really expensive. I looked into it a while ago. Even thought of getting an adapter - but then the CO2 mega bottles are hard to get - and really expensive too. At least that was my research, I wonder where all the bars get theirs from.

And where you get the water from? Tab water is, well, drinkable for the brave. Of course if you have a reverse osmosis filter it's better, but then it's sparkling dead water.

Bought 6x1L for $40 or so at 759 yesterday.

Argh, but is it really worth it to enjoy sparkling water from the environmental costs perspective? There are estimates that we're throwing away around 5 million plastic bottles a day in Hong Kong alone. So even if you're recycling those plastic bottles for your sparkling water, it's simply too much material sitting around for hundreds of years....

Wish we had some local producers that took back the bottles to reuse them, like the Kowloon Dairy still does for the little milk bottles and like the practices across Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    Argh, but is it really worth it to enjoy sparkling water from the environmental costs perspective? There are estimates that we're throwing away around 5 million plastic bottles a day in Hong Kong alone. So even if you're recycling those plastic bottles for your sparkling water, it's simply too much material sitting around for hundreds of years....

Wish we had some local producers that took back the bottles to reuse them, like the Kowloon Dairy still does for the little milk bottles and like the practices across Germany.
    Back up a few posts to sodastream.....
    Elegiaque likes this.