Like Tree20Likes

Where has the Ribena gone?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Yes. I did manage to find the non-cordial version in little metal packets in a Packnsave in the booneys near Gold Coast yesterday on my cycling adventures. But no cordial. For hiking, I can live with the smaller bottle version (I dilute it 1:1 with water for hiking anyway) but it's more expensive and inconvenient than the large cordial bottles as posted above.

I will be going to the UK later this week - hope I can find some bottles there. We also found a similar substance in Marks and Spencer, but its not quite the same.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Yes. I did manage to find the non-cordial version in little metal packets in a Packnsave in the booneys near Gold Coast yesterday on my cycling adventures. But no cordial. For hiking, I can live with the smaller bottle version (I dilute it 1:1 with water for hiking anyway) but it's more expensive and inconvenient than the large cordial bottles as posted above.

I will be going to the UK later this week - hope I can find some bottles there. We also found a similar substance in Marks and Spencer, but its not quite the same.
    No stock issues here in UK.
    Plenty around in tescos and Asda etc
    emx and HK_Katherine like this.

Oh... i thought you meant the already watered down versions (500ml bottles). I went to 7-11 at lunch and those are still available.

I'm sure they are the same taste, though i would add more water because i find them a bit sweet.

British Essentials only stock the ready-to-drink kind but are amazing at sourcing and bringing things over. Try contacting them

https://www.britishessentials.hk/

They have some of the regular coming in on Wednesday and will order the less sweet version. What size bottles do people want? Let me know and I will advise them.

There was a Recall in August .
    in Malaysia where they bottle the asian batches.
    One of their machines was leaking air into the bottles.

TIL : Ribena is now owned by the enemy. Churchill must be rolling in his grave

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    TIL : Ribena is now owned by the enemy. Churchill must be rolling in his grave
    And so it goes, Branston Pickle is owned by a Japanese company! (Found a source in the Philippines btw).
    HowardCoombs likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    And so it goes, Branston Pickle is owned by a Japanese company! (Found a source in the Philippines btw).
    Still feels weird seeing iconic brands from far away lands owing other iconic brands....Kind of like Jollybee owning Prets, Couche-Tard owning CircleK, Land Rover owned by Tata and now, Ribena owned by the Japanese.

Oh, and this one I always find weird : Hong Kong Tramways, Manila LRT, Mumbai Metro -- all owned by the Parisiens (RATP)
    chuckster007 and shri like this.

I remember buying Brunty’s Strawberry Cider from PnS. It’s got a British flag on the front but when you read the fine print, it’s brewed in Cambodia.