Like Tree20Likes

Why can't I buy one apple?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Why can't I buy one apple?

Walking out of Tsuen Wan station, starving and there are cookie shops and bakeries .. so I thought what about eating an apple? There is one of those healthy food shops too and it had various kinds of apples... Nonwax apples for 18/2 and red apples 45/5... Well I just wanted an apple to eat. ONE apple not.multiple overpriced apples. No can do. Refused to sell me one apply.
    So I'm still hungry. Not going to be bounced into buying more apples than i want!

Similar a few weeks back at a market stall... Wanted 3 bananas not a whole big bunch. No can do... Wouldn't let me separate them. Again... Got my banana in the supermarket where there were single ones!

What's with this attitude? They lost sales in both occasions.

Surprised on the market stall. As bought many times just one banana at the market in central.

East_coast and HK_Katherine like this.

Because the computer said so.

But seriously, sometimes... just sometimes... not worth the vendor's time to deal with a picky customer and easier for them to just play ignorant. Not like they're loosing a fortune - we overplay the whole "lost me as a customer" thing, just makes life stressful even thinking about these things for more than 2 seconds.

Life is a lot easier if we just forget and just move on... On the other hand, the fuckers at Uber... never mind.

One more reason to hate Apple.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Because the computer said so.

But seriously, sometimes... just sometimes... not worth the vendor's time to deal with a picky customer and easier for them to just play ignorant. Not like they're loosing a fortune - we overplay the whole "lost me as a customer" thing, just makes life stressful even thinking about these things for more than 2 seconds.

Life is a lot easier if we just forget and just move on... On the other hand, the fuckers at Uber... never mind.
    The market stall.. perhaps. But the expensive organic fuckers in tsuen wan station... Never busy and they flipping apples are individually wrapped anyway!

This is a thread. Seriously?

monomono and markranson like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Not going to be bounced into buying more apples than i want!
    Stubborn vs stubborn. Just like you had one strategy, so did she. Neither of you deviated from that path. Hence no sale.

Apples last many days. Why not take the 2nd one to work the next day?
    juanalias likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jaykay:
    This is a thread. Seriously?
    It's a healthier thread than the one about frozen chapattis!
    angeluscomplex likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    The market stall.. perhaps. But the expensive organic fuckers in tsuen wan station... Never busy and they flipping apples are individually wrapped anyway!

You should go to Shenzhen and check out the inordinately expensive and individually wrapped fruits there. They're bought as gifts for fruit baskets and bragging rights.

Original Post Deleted

The HK. national anthem is actually "I don't know. (Anything)"

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast