Like Tree5Likes

Shopping & shipping from the UK

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

The item I'm buying from John Lewis currently isn't available for international shipping. I've sent them an email but worse comes to worst I'll just have it sent over with the rest of the stuff.
    Does anyone know if it would be cheaper to send it all one by one or is a big package easier and cheaper(although I'd also have to pay extra to hire someone to gather the stuff and box them).

Quote Originally Posted by AnneCo
    The item I'm buying from John Lewis currently isn't available for international shipping. I've sent them an email but worse comes to worst I'll just have it sent over with the rest of the stuff.
    Does anyone know if it would be cheaper to send it all one by one or is a big package easier and cheaper(although I'd also have to pay extra to hire someone to gather the stuff and box them).
    With Comgateway (US) whether a repack or lots of separate shipments works out better is highly variable- it really depends on just how unnecessarily big the original shipping boxes are.

If you do use Borderlinx in the UK, please post up your experience with them, as I haven't been able to find any useful feedback on their UK services.
    AnneCo and HK_Katherine like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine
    No - only Borderlinx US in the end. I have a UK address but I don't think I ever used it. Found an alternative approach.
    How was your experience with borderlinx US though? Did they charge you per package? And did everything arrive okay?

Quote Originally Posted by AnneCo
    How was your experience with borderlinx US though? Did they charge you per package? And did everything arrive okay?
    My experience with Borderlinx US was highly variable. I had a couple of absolute horrific experiences, and a few adequate. Nothing I would describe as outstanding and certainly nothing low cost. Most of the things I source from the USA these days I get delivered direct, for a lower cost than going through Borderlinx! But that's just a few things I buy often, still a useful service for those that refuse to ship.

@HK_Katherine I've been using Comgateway for years, they have been consistently professional, worth considering if Borderlinx is variable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2