Like Tree5Likes

Shopping & shipping from the UK

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Talking Shopping & shipping from the UK

Im about to do my christmas shopping and most of my purchases only deliver to the UK. I was wondering if anyone has experiences shipping stuff from the UK. At first I was just going to send it through borderlinx(you have it sent to their facility in UK and they ship it to your location). But now I'm wondering if there may be a cheaper way? There'll be about 4 to 5 boxes varying from big to small. Would it be cheaper to hire someone to buy it and package it all together to send?
    If anyone has had a similar experience I'd very much appreciate you sharing. Thanks so much.

Why UK?
    If you are going to go thru the hassle, its usually much cheaper to do it via USA......

Occasionally things are cheaper in the UK, maybe only available in the UK, or sometimes electrical compatibility.

HowardCoombs and shri like this.

If you buy from Amazon UK, they normally subtract the VAT which can offset delivery costs more or less. You can filter items that provide international shipping.

Oh, and Borderlinx UK seems far more than what I use for US purchases. If only they could be convinced to use Royal Post instead of couriers. So far I have not used them.
    @HK_Katherine? I recall you mentioned using Borderlinx UK a while back?

The products I'm buying will be coming from John Lewis & Harrods. They may ship to the US but it doesnt really make sense to ship from UK to US to HK.
    Also most of the products are sold exclusively on the company's website and are not available on amazon.

Last edited by AnneCo; 28-09-2017 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnneCo
    The products I'm buying will be coming from John Lewis & Harrods.
    Both those guys deliver to Hong Kong without much difficulty JL does it very cheaply too; no need to jump thru hoops.
    imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AnneCo
    The products I'm buying will be coming from John Lewis & Harrods. They may ship to the US but it doesnt really make sense to ship from UK to US to HK.
    Also most of the products are sold exclusively on the company's website and are not available on amazon.
    JL ships directly to HK...there are some very large items that you have to call them about but otherwise they charge a flat fee.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl
    Oh, and Borderlinx UK seems far more than what I use for US purchases. If only they could be convinced to use Royal Post instead of couriers. So far I have not used them.
    @HK_Katherine? I recall you mentioned using Borderlinx UK a while back?
    No - only Borderlinx US in the end. I have a UK address but I don't think I ever used it. Found an alternative approach.

ShipBao has a UK address you can send to, but does not qualify for VAT exemptions....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast