Selling furniture???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Selling furniture???

dear community

as i am moving out of my appartment i would like to sell some furniture within the next two weeks. in europe i would know the internet platforms like ebay etc. however here in hong kong i dont know where i could put my furniture on auction or how to sell it in the most efficient way. any hints?

thank you in advance already. i am selling a double-bed, couch, dining table and tv-shelves. that's basically it.

ebay is not popular within the far east ( unless they are selling items to europe or the us), yahoo auction is the one that hk, singaporean and japanese people use, however, the hk yahoo auction is only in chinese

try selling at a given price using ex pat forums instead

Or if there is a notice board you can use at your apartment/complex/gym/office that might also work.

ok. thanks for the hints. in europe selling stuff over ebay is very convinient and works great. hoped that there is something like this here as well

I know what you mean. When I left NZ I used trademe.co.nz - which is a fabulous NZ-only auction site and I sold everything - books, clothes, furniture, plants, you name it, I sold it! But here I have found nothing that comes even close, which is a huge shame. I keep hinting that geoexpat should start up geoauction to fill the gap......

try this website, its got English version as well. Used to be very popular a few years back but its still has auctions. RED-DOTS Hong Kong No.1 Auction site

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

There are auction sites in Hong Kong but there are geared to the local market, hence in Chinese. The Yahoo one is popular among my friends. Again it is in Chinese; Yahoo doesn't want to bother with such a limited market as the non-Chinese speaking one is.

Which is why I think there is a niche for geoexpat to fill just for the expat market..! But I guess classifieds are considered to be "good enough".

owwwwww..... i just want to sell my furniture cheap instead of throwing it away. would be sad. it's used for a few months only. would feel really bad if i had to throw it away.

Well if you can't sell it, maybe you can give it to charity. I just gave a lot of my old furniture to Welcome to the Crossroads Foundation — Crossroads Global Distribution . They can arrange a truck to come to your place if you have enough stuff to give.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast