Like Tree6Likes

Alipay Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Wechat is also a bit confusing with RMB and HKD wallets, but at least its one app and its in english. I got the free $10 by binding my HKD credit card up to it and then got $10 off spending of $25 or more in McDonalds a few times in February.

Now Alipay is doing similar kinds of promotions but they have confusing apps and not in in english for HK market.

A bit related for that that have AlipayHK >

I presume AlipayHK handles HK$ only. So can you buy/pay something in China in RMB? And if so, what is the exchange rate that is used?

I mean, you use your HK$ credit card for US$ and the bank adds something like 3% to the exchange rate. Wonder if it's the same with AlipayHK/WeChat

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    A bit related for that that have AlipayHK >

I presume AlipayHK handles HK$ only. So can you buy/pay something in China in RMB? And if so, what is the exchange rate that is used?

I mean, you use your HK$ credit card for US$ and the bank adds something like 3% to the exchange rate. Wonder if it's the same with AlipayHK/WeChat
    You can use SCB SimplyCash card for foreign transactions, for which they will charge you 1.95% with their right hand. However, with their left hand they will give you 2% cashback. Which, according to my careful calculations, seems to indicate that your foreign transaction becomes fee-free

alipay hk is now available in english

GeoTommy and bdw like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    alipay hk is now available in english
    How? A new app or settings option?

Nevermind found it
    dumbdonkey likes this.

Is it usable in China proper? If not, it will be a waste of my phone memory...

it is in settings.. The default language is Chinese even if your phone language is English. Ask your Chinese friend to set it for u

Quote Originally Posted by orel100x:
    Nope. You need Alipay China for that

It can only be used in Hong Kong. It is a waste of your phone space. Just uninstall it after you use the new customer coupons
    Alipay China can be used in many countries.

Quote Originally Posted by orel100x:

Quote Originally Posted by pizzalover:
    Alipay China can be used in many countries.
    Only for holders of a Mainland Chinese ID. Everybody else is restricted to using it within China only.