Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree11Likes

Buying prescription glasses

You can check any optometrist and they will give you a free quote. Try more than one, prices can differ quite a bit

Spexalicious

Hi Shri,

Yes, I am still around and thanks for the plug! I'm still working on my website around the day job so a work in progress!

I advertise under the Classified and Business Listings section on Geoexpat, so please see my ad to find out a little bit about me and I have attached a price list below. All I need is a scan or copy of your latest prescription or I can obtain the prescription from your current spectacles at your own risk if you are happy with that.

If anyone needs new lenses put into their own frames please email me at [email protected] and I can send you out a Freepost package to return the frames to me. I will then send the completed spectacles back to you free of charge when they are ready. I will beat any genuine quote!

I also have a large selection of frames, although no designer brands at the moment, unfortunately. If there is something that you would like, then you can always email me a picture and I can check my stocks to see if I have something similar.

Please feel free email me if there is anything else you would like to know.

Thanks,

Matt

Attached Images Attached Images

Yeah but I got no idea what’s VFM quote ?

My powers are regular/simple numbers around ~3. No cylinderical or other complexity.

Quote Originally Posted by vyral_143
    TST
    Try this shop recommended here and elsewhere on GeoExpat.

https://geoexpat.com/forum/32/thread...ml#post3551190
    Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

If you're in TST and not in a rush, why don't you try the PolyU clinic?

I used Mandarin Optical in Central last time I got lenses for an existing frame.

The optometrists at PolyU are good and you can even opt to see a student for a lower fee, but there is a long waiting list for these appointments. They are very thorough clinically as you might expect and, as a rule, they do like to dilate most patients to check for pathology at the back of the eye. This means that you should take some sunglasses to the appointment, don't drive there and book the afternoon off work as you won't be able to properly focus for about 4 hours afterwards!

I have recently been mystery shopping the highstreet chain optical establishments in Hong Kong and have mostly found them to be substandard in both the delivery of the sight test and, even more so, the actual dispensing of the spectacles. The sight test is very basic and really consists of a 'prescription check' only, which in my case resulted in a prescription that was far too strong for me. I am not even going to comment further on the dispensing part, but needless to say I was not impressed with the knowledge and skills of the 'staff'. This is not really their fault as they are clearly not really trained to any kind of standard and it is just another expensive product for sale at the buyer's own risk like a lot of things in Hong Kong...

Elegiaque likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3