Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By flameproof
  • 3 Post By shafiq

Taobao forwarding (again)

Taobao forwarding (again)

I apologise in advance for ANOTHER taobao post.

Until now I always ordered from Taobao by shipping to Topexpress and forwarding to myself in HK. It has always worked fine. Last week, I decided to try a more "direct" option from the taobao website, this one:

It's been 10 days, and the shipping status screen is stuck on this:

I expected some place to pay for forwarding, but I don't see anywhere to do that. What I am missing? Am I supposed to just keep waiting, or is there an action for me to take?

Should have stuck to Topexpress...

No idea. But I guess it will 'rest' in the warehouse in case you want to combine with something else, and after that you need to order the next step, the export from China separately.

I will stick with Topexpress, they don't really care what you ship. SF can be very picky and you items may get stuck in China because the refuse export.

Am happy with Topexpress too. They've moved recently so don't forget to update your delivery address.

Quote Originally Posted by rani:
    Am happy with Topexpress too. They've moved recently so don't forget to update your delivery address.
    I am generally happy. But lately delivery is often day after next day. And now 2nd delivery got stuck in customs and took a week (can happen to any tranporter). I stick to them anyway.
    rani likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 441211:
    I apologise in advance for ANOTHER taobao post.

Until now I always ordered from Taobao by shipping to Topexpress and forwarding to myself in HK. It has always worked fine. Last week, I decided to try a more "direct" option from the taobao website, this one:

It's been 10 days, and the shipping status screen is stuck on this:

I expected some place to pay for forwarding, but I don't see anywhere to do that. What I am missing? Am I supposed to just keep waiting, or is there an action for me to take?

Should have stuck to Topexpress...
    Can you go your Taobao purchased items page and find the list of items you have bought? Is there a red colour button with a countdown timer above, beside the item you bought?

Name:  446814C1-FDBD-4693-989C-73D86C1B28B1.png
Views: 1352
Size:  39.4 KB

Direct shipping method involves two payements. First payement is for the item+domestic shipping fee. Once the item reached domestic warehouse, you can click the red colour icon to initiate international shipping. You can consolidate many items together and ship too..
    Last edited by shafiq; 04-05-2018 at 03:51 PM.
    flameproof, 441211 and spode like this.

Yes! Thanks shafiq, I got it now thanks to you. So easy yet not obvious when you can't read anything. Must have missed that when using google translate...