View Poll Results: When did you last buy physical music?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • over 10 years since I bought a CD

9 69.23%
  • over 3 years since I bought a CD

2 15.38%
  • over a year since I bought a CD

0 0%
  • Within the last year

2 15.38%
  • I bought some vinyl LP's recently as I'm a hipster

0 0%
  • I don't like music

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Like Tree5Likes

Hong Kong Records to close

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hong Kong Records to close

Hong Kong Records to close shops at Pacific Place and Harbour City, marking end of era in city’s music scene | South China Morning Post

The lack of 'gadgets' for playing music is always surprising in these shops that tried to continue to sell ones and noughts on shiny plastic discs.

When did you last buy a CD?

I'm surprised it's lasted as long as it has.

Last time I bought a CD or DVD was over a decade ago.

ramelec likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Hong Kong Records to close shops at Pacific Place and Harbour City, marking end of era in city’s music scene | South China Morning PostThe lack of 'gadgets' for playing music is always surprising in these shops that tried to continue to sell ones and noughts on shiny plastic discs.When did you last buy a CD?
    CD long time ago but DVD still regularly (and yes I have Netflix and the likes).
    spode likes this.

Digital distribution for media has comphrensively destroyed every physical medium except books and magazines.
    Even that is on its way out - glossy magazines less, books more.

I loved HK record before everything went digital.

It's biggest problems are that it's selections are so so at best, and just about everything it sells is about 10-20% more expensive than mom and pop stores not located inside expensive shopping malls.

Original Post Deleted
    Vinyl sales have been going strong.

My good old times buying classical CDs in hk records and tower records

Good. I bought a game there last year which didn’t work because it was region locked. Not only did they not refund me for selling me a product that didn’t work and shouldn’t have been sold in Asia, the staff was rude. I reported them to the consumer council so I’m glad they’re broke.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRandomer:
    Good. I bought a game there last year which didn’t work because it was region locked. Not only did they not refund me for selling me a product that didn’t work and shouldn’t have been sold in Asia, the staff was rude. I reported them to the consumer council so I’m glad they’re broke.
    Yes they carry games from Japan and USA as well as Asian edition for Hong Kong, they usually have a sticker on these to warn you about the regional lock outs and that they don't refund if console region is the issue.

Re the poll. Why is it all about CDs? Plenty of DVD, Blue Ray etc at HK Records...

East_coast likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast