Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree15Likes

Refund for second hand items?

There's never a right of return when buying secondhand goods. Since the buyer saw the rug before they purchased, and have opened the packing, its tough titties in my view.

As a buyer and seller for second hand things, the process comes with a good deal of deals that don't work out so well. It's a part of how it works and I always consider all sales final, both as buyer and seller. Sometimes people are quite kind.

The person who bought it should be able to sell it and get back all or a good part of her money for it. So I would just let it go and not fret... you, too, when buying second hand things in the future will have things that don't work out how you had thought and will have to just live with it. Certainly nice of you to think twice about this! These things cost a lot in terms of time, so really the buyer should have to be the one to sacrifice more time if she's unhappy to find a new buyer.

MABinPengChau and spode like this.

It's buyer beware in these circumstances. As long as you have been honest about the condition and origin of the goods, then no don't give her her money back. Most shops in HK don't allow you to return for no reason either!

Inform the buyer any points from below :

1) All complaints about quality must be logged before delivery man departs the premise. Once signed for they are no longer the seller's responsibility.
    2) 100% hassle free refund (TM) only valid if original packaging is returned as well, otherwise seller only refund 70%
    3) refund request must first be submitted by email, once acknowledged by seller, only then can buyer return the goods to showroom for refund at the buyer's own expense. This must be accomplished within 72 hours of delivery. Acknowledgement email will be send 48 hours after initial request. Attempts to return goods before acknowledgement will result in police being called in.

(**** all points above are actual responses I've seen HK shops use)

MABinPengChau likes this.

Thanks everyone, she was actually ok when I said no and she has plans to resell it so problem solved!

MABinPengChau and spode like this.

Going forward, in all your ads add a statement at the bottom, All goods sold are non-refundable in block letters

Retailers in HK do not normally give refunds. So why would you make an exception? The buyer should know that. Your call though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2