Like Tree5Likes

anyone using Amazon prime from HK?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

anyone using Amazon prime from HK?

tempted to join Amazon prime annual. does prime video, music streaming work from HK? also is it faster shipping than without? thanks

ships faster and shipping is free. only to the us though, so you need a consolidation service. AFAIK and music streaming doesn't work in HK. Just the free shipping makes it worth it for me.

Grumbler likes this.

I have Amazon Prime - yes, Prime Video works, but the content library is rather weak when compared to Netflix. You can if you have a Amazon Fire TV box and a good VPN provider + a default US address where your prime shipments go, use your Amazon account to subscribe to HBO / Sling etc.

As far as shipping to HK - never done that as it has generally been too expensive and anyways, not covered by Prime. I use prime for free deliveries to a US shipper - ShipBao.

If you have a kindle, I think the Prime subscription has some additional benefits which allow you access to their second tier list of books for free (forget the details).

Grumbler likes this.

guess it's not really worth it then. no music means can't replace my Spotify. shipping not fast either. planning to buy Kindle paperwhite, guess will just read my own books.

I have noticed shipping charges coming down on Amazon shipping to HK so lately I have had things shipped directly to me for cheaper than it would have been using a consolidator. Of course, foreign shipping will never be free so I haven't bothered with Prime yet.

Mrs. Jones likes this.

cool. I think I will use regular Amazon shipping if it's cheap. else ask my parents to ship instead. BTW, HSBC credit cards have online shopping reward cash and overseas shopping reward cash. you just have to sigh up on reward plus.

Better check your prime benefits. They hver some sort of free catalog for music too.

Name:  IMG_20180727_194714.jpg
Views: 13955
Size:  978.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    I have Amazon Prime - yes, Prime Video works, but the content library is rather weak when compared to Netflix. You can if you have a Amazon Fire TV box and a good VPN provider + a default US address where your prime shipments go, use your Amazon account to subscribe to HBO / Sling etc.

As far as shipping to HK - never done that as it has generally been too expensive and anyways, not covered by Prime. I use prime for free deliveries to a US shipper - ShipBao.

If you have a kindle, I think the Prime subscription has some additional benefits which allow you access to their second tier list of books for free (forget the details).
    Try signing up for Prime India. RS 129 a month or Rs 999 a year. More content available (in addition to US content) and works fine with a VPN.
    shri likes this.

Amazon Prime has a few things available for streaming in HK, but it's very limited. This will probably change in the future, but when? As to shipping, again some items will ship to HK, but most will not, and none ship for free. If you are in HK, Prime is probably not worth getting. I am in the US, but spend a couple of months a year in HK, so this is based on personal experience.

Quote Originally Posted by JaredHK:
    Try signing up for Prime India. RS 129 a month or Rs 999 a year. More content available (in addition to US content) and works fine with a VPN.
    Have noticed quite a few of the Indian shows show up on US Amazon Prime and Netflix. I guess the Indian community in the US is large enough for the better shows to be licensed.
    JaredHK likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast