Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By orionx999

Where to buy a Google Pixel 2 XL

Closed Thread

Question Where to buy a Google Pixel 2 XL

Where would be the best place to go to buy one in HK? And is there anything I should watch out for? (I live in Shenzhen & have never bought a phone in HK before)

Try Sin Tat Plaza in Mong Kok:

https://en.tripadvisor.com.hk/Attrac...Hong_Kong.html

If you can though, you should see if there is a way for you to order from the Google Store online. If not, Sin Tat Plaza may be your next best bet in HK. However, Google phones aren't that popular in HK but if you are around Mong Kok anyways, it wouldn't hurt for you to check.

I can't vouch for the authenticity of the phones and whether there are fakes or not. Do your own diligence.

flameproof likes this.

Rather than randomly going around Sin Tat Plaza, would suggest to check out: https://www.price.com.hk/product.php?p=277516

You can see which shop has a better rating. But, none of the shop listing in price.com.hk seems to be carrying official good. It's all grey market goods. They usually give 7 days warranty for grey market goods. It's better to call/whatsapp them to double check if they have stocks.

Why spent so much for a grey market goods? Just get a Xiaomi since you are in china anyway.

There is no such thing as an official HK model Pixel (2, or otherwise) - it's never been made available here, except as an import...

Quote Originally Posted by bobobo:
    Rather than randomly going around Sin Tat Plaza, would suggest to check out: https://www.price.com.hk/product.php?p=277516

You can see which shop has a better rating. But, none of the shop listing in price.com.hk seems to be carrying official good. It's all grey market goods. They usually give 7 days warranty for grey market goods. It's better to call/whatsapp them to double check if they have stocks.

Why spent so much for a grey market goods? Just get a Xiaomi since you are in china anyway.
    Dont like having to hack my phone just to install google play services.. Personally i dont recommend Chinese phones purchased in the mainland

Quote Originally Posted by sme:
    Dont like having to hack my phone just to install google play services.. Personally i dont recommend Chinese phones purchased in the mainland
    Fair comment. However, pretty much all chinese phones sold in HK, at least the official ones, like Xiao/RedMi etc have international ROM versions.

For the 2XL stay with @bobobo and check those PRICE addresses first. They may have it. Mongkok/Shamshuipo is a good starting point, SinTat (Sincere House, Argyle St.) would be the first one I look at.

but......... all google services from china's IP might go through Chinese government soon........ probably very very soon.

All Google services are blocked, you need a VPN anyways