Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By unpretty

Are you happy with your food processor?

Question Are you happy with your food processor?

Anyone here using a food processor at home?

Please share

1. Which brand / model do you have?
    2. Is the motor powerful enough for the tasks you expect the processor to complete?
    3. How long have you used your appliance?
    4. Have you had any problems using or cleaning it?
    5. Are you satisfied with the attachments/features of your appliance?

Wing On only has 2 models - Philips HR 7761 (costs less than 700 hkd for a 750 watt motor with blender) and a German Pool (not keen on this as it looks bulky). Sogo has a Kenwood selling for 2,000+ hkd (maybe too much for use by 1-2 ppl). Fortress has Bosch and Kitchenaid. Built in pro sells Panasonic and the brands mentioned earlier. I wanted the Panasonic one originally with 1000 motor but worried it might be overkill given it will be used by 1-2 people only (volume of food not for a family of 5).

I have read mixed reviews of Philips HR 7761 on Amazon UK so I am having second thoughts of buying this unit and would like to hear your experience with your food processor. I know I will get what I pay for regardless of what I choose to purchase and I hope the motor doesnt overheat.

Thanks

Any update on this? Did you end up buying one? I'm thinking about buying one soon and looking at my options.

Whatever brand you go for, just don't get Tefal. Have had a few bad experiences with household appliances from them dying pretty much immediately or bad design that risks injuring the user.

Not on your shortlist above, but wanted to give a general heads up on this topic!

I bought a Kenwood from Wing On years ago, it has plenty of power and it has been trouble free with decent usage every week.

I eventually bought a Panasonic food processor from Sogo as they were having a promotion on the week that I purchased. I haven’t used it intensively as my Vitamix. Have made cacao energy balls and homemade almond butter and it didnt disappoint. I used to have problems processing dates with my blender and with the food processor, it processed the dates without any issues. I have yet to find an easy veggie burger recipe to try next. It slices onions fast that sometimes I realize cleaning takes longer than the time it takes for the appliance to slice veggies.

Thanks for the thoughts, everyone. Very helpful! I've also heard that Cuisinart is good, so considering that one.

I have a Phillips and works well. Had it for a few years but only use it 2x week. Previous one was also Phillips and we used it a fair bit more, and lasted for ages.

Were there any features/accessories/ functions that you are glad you have? Or wish you had? Or don't really need?

Happy

yes

and yes

Built in cake mixer as above would have been useful and looks great in a kitchen but storing a big thing like that in HK didn't make sense to me, so I got a hand mixer and separate glass cake bowl instead. Happy with that decision.

I now wish I had got a meat grinder attachment as I bought a separate meat grinder recently (but that was years later and needs/preferences change so I never would have used it initially.)