Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By chuckster007
  • 2 Post By HowardCoombs
  • 1 Post By Mrs. Jones
  • 1 Post By HowardCoombs

Wellcome Causeway Bay-no eggs or imported chicken.

Closed Thread

Wellcome Causeway Bay-no eggs or imported chicken.

FYI-if planning to go to the so called Superstore to get eggs/imported chicken, don't.

For reasons best known to them selves the egg area has been taken over by Cola, and the imported chicken now has the more expensive local produce.

Last week butter and cheese vanished for a few days, no one had an explanation.

Their cold storage malfunctioned for some time so they had to remove the produce from their shelves.

shri likes this.

Welcome main Cold Storage Facility has been down and not running to 100% for over a week so lots of items are not being delivered to the actual Welcome Supermarkets, even for our very little Welcome in Chai Wan some items are still not available like Imported Milk and Eggs.

Fiona in HKG and shri like this.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    Welcome main Cold Storage Facility has been down and not running to 100% for over a week so lots of items are not being delivered to the actual Welcome Supermarkets, even for our very little Welcome in Chai Wan some items are still not available like Imported Milk and Eggs.
    Good to know. I was wondering what the problem was. Marketplace had no beef last week.

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    Good to know. I was wondering what the problem was. Marketplace had no beef last week.
    They are rotating stuff around to cause maximum outrage, across the entire city.

People were whinging in DB last week and then I hear TaiPo whining over the weekend....
    Fiona in HKG and markranson like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    They are rotating stuff around to cause maximum outrage, across the entire city.

People were whinging in DB last week and then I hear TaiPo whining over the weekend....
    I just found the perfect excuse not having to cook, lol. No beef? I'm stunned.

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    I just found the perfect excuse not having to cook, lol. No beef? I'm stunned.
    There is no shortage of beef - get thee to the wet market.
    Its only those who demand cellophane covered stuff that are inconvenienced....
    markranson likes this.

and there are always park and shop and citisuper and aeon and yatas...
    not to mention 759

Yeah yeah, guys. Thanks for the tip. I know where to source beef. Just a silly joke on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by Cwbguy:
    FYI-if planning to go to the so called Superstore to get eggs/imported chicken, don't.

For reasons best known to them selves the egg area has been taken over by Cola, and the imported chicken now has the more expensive local produce.

Last week butter and cheese vanished for a few days, no one had an explanation.
    Of course yesterday was 8% discount for Enjoy customers and this very store had no 'normal' ham. I usually buy the $65 pack. Not a one. Won't be going back there for a while or at least until next discount day!! LOL