Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By mexmon
  • 1 Post By Shiojiri Hiro
  • 1 Post By Yuhikaru

Cheap shopping - Primark alike in HK?

Closed Thread

Cheap shopping - Primark alike in HK?

Hi there,

I am wondering if anyone can recomend a shop similar to Primark for cheap clothes?

Uniqlo and Cotton On.

Kowloon Goon likes this.

Some of the Aeons (not "Aeon Style" but "original Aeon" like the one in Lai Chi Kok).

The actual answer to the question is no. There isn't a direct equivalent store here.

That said, I would say that Cotton On is a fairly good choice. Forever 21, Hollister, H&M, Pull&Bear, Bershka and American Eagle also have fairly cheap western style clothes. These are all a bit more expensive than Primark though.

Uniqlo is actually quite a bit more expensive. and I have always found the cut of the clothes to be wrong for me (e.g. I have to get a bigger size for my shoulders - but then everything else is too loose and I imagine women would have big hip problems) as they are Japanese. GU who are the cheaper arm of the same group has some reasonably priced stuff - but the sizing problem is the same.

To get clothes as cheap as Primark, you'd have to do what the poor locals do and shop at market stalls. You might find the size a problem and the style not to your taste though...

I always stock up on clothes when I am in the UK. Every time I go back, I leave with a half empty suitcase and come back with a full one!

Exactly, I have to agree with @TeachHK. UK's Primark is in my opinion, one of the best value for money retails. I just came back from UK and regretted not getting more clothes. Anyway, for me Uniqlo is the choice for me. Not exactly cheap but at least in the reasonable price range.

TheBrit likes this.

G2000, Bossini, Giordan, uniqlo, Just dont think about who made the clothes and in what conditions.

Kowloon Goon likes this.