Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree6Likes

Knife sharpening service

I sharpen mine on a compound-loaded cloth mop on an angle grinder I mount to the post-Mangkhut log I use as a work table. I will race anyone, including scalpels, Stanley knives and a half-in-the-bag Stephen Fry for sharpness.

Quote Originally Posted by Viktri
    I've used some of the sharpeners in Sheung Wan - they get your knife sharp but the method that they use also removes a significant amount of metal and knives lose their sharpness very quickly so I think it is better to learn to do it yourself.

I actually have these. They were good, but severely overpriced. There are better and cheaper wetstones available. I used them for about 5 years and got pretty good with them but I wanted to see how much sharper I could get my knives.

On a recent trip to the US, I bit the bullet and picked up the Wicked Edge Go!, the lowest tier version of their guided sharpening system. I picked up a carbon fiber leather strop from Burrfection too (I also have a ceramic honing rod). The Wicked Edge Go! is amazing and keeping my knives razor sharp is really easy with it so I highly recommend it if wetstone sharpening stops being good enough.
    wow

that's 1800 HKD on amazon USA. I might have to train the helper with a stone

It is not difficult to sharpen your knives.
    You can use. 2 sides combination Japan whestones.
    About 220 to 400 grits / 800 to 1000 grits stones may be used. For further polishing the blade , use 3000 to 8000 grits .stones.
    The 2 stones only cost below HKD 1000 .

Are there any sharpeners in the Western District?

The Sun E Hamono Shop which provides sharpening service,is near Jordon MTR Station.
    Just walk about 2 minutes from. C2 exit of Jordan station.
    I think you take MTR from Western District to Jordan is about 15 to 20 mintues.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3