Like Tree32Likes

struggling with ShipBao

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    @jgl - I usually pay HK$ 20 for a 1Kg package delivered from their US warehouse to a store in Aberdeen, Ap Lei Chau or Wanchai.

My package was ordered on Sat, delivered to them on Monday, got the notification on Tuesday and hope to have it delivered by early next week.
    That's interesting, the site translates as Price# First 1 pound: HKD $20 ; Continue 1 pound: HKD $20 ;

So it's actually $20 per kilo? That's considerably cheaper (but for me probably not enough to offset the pain of relying on Translate )

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    That's interesting, the site translates as Price# First 1 pound: HKD $20 ; Continue 1 pound: HKD $20 ;

So it's actually $20 per kilo? That's considerably cheaper (but for me probably not enough to offset the pain of relying on Translate )
    I have not looked at the translation. I might be wrong in terms of weight units.

To rephrase what I said earlier - I get most packages delivered for $20.
    jgl and emx like this.

Shipbao is $20/lb. Others like usadirecthk and another one banned on geo are slightly expensive. If you can manage the language on 4px, they are slightly cheaper than shipbao at 18/lb and offer better payment options as well as several pickup points across HK. Shipbao's fees are mostly on per lb basis while some of the others I understand charge on volumetric weight which at most times makes them more expensive. There's one more - zipx. Not really an aggregator but turns out more expensive than others. Came across another one - EgapGo. They provide shipping services by sea instead. While it may turn out to be cheaper for bulkier stuff, their conditions around the package size, total weight per package etc are too restrictive. They also do not have a warehouse in a tax free state but in CA instead which means additional taxes on top the shipping/consolidation fee.

Are there any other services you guys have come across in the same fee range around Shipbao?
    shri likes this.

I got the sms late yesterday and collected my parcel from the US for HKD$20.

Once you get around the quirks, it is hard to beat this service for small items.

Quote Originally Posted by mangohkd:
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT="Roboto"]
    Are there any other services you guys have come across in the same fee range around Shipbao?
    My comparison that I mentioned before was **********, slightly higher pricing without the Google translate site hassles.

For anything really important, comgateway, but they are pricey.
    Last edited by jgl; 19-09-2019 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Haha, looks like they're banned for some reason. I wonder what they did.

I can now just about manage ShipBao. Once you know the "process" it's not really necessary to read their emails. "ok look, I got an email from ShipBao that I can't read, that means my parcel has arrived" kind of thing. Oh look, I got a text with a number in it, that must be the number i have to show when I pick up my parcel.

I even sent something quite valuable and it all went fine. For the price, it's excellent! And not slow either.

emx likes this.

I have had no problems with Shipbao, apart from a slow period a few months ago. Trying their UK warehouse for the first time this week(screw you M&S HK with your 3x UK prices strategy), hopefully it is as straightforward as shipping from the US.

HK_Katherine and emx like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hkcom:
    This is Shipbao's list of restricted goods:

https://www.shipbao.com/information/embargo
    So all the good stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by it_guy:
    So all the good stuff...

Now including: "Sensitive Goods"!

Due to the strengthening of customs, in addition to the general embargoed products, some sensitive goods have not been transshipped.

Atpresent, sensitive goods and controlled goods have been seized. Please do not purchase sensitive goods for delivery.Sensitive goods and controlled goods will be seized as soon as they are discovered, and operations such as returning items cannot be arranged.

Please note that due to the definition of sensitive goods products by customs, the types of goods may increase or decrease. So include but are not limited to the following products :

Towels, umbrellas, flags, flagpoles, banners, drones,sticks, black T-shirts, steel pipes, fluorescent sticks, laser pointers,masks, helmets, gloves, masks, flashlights, etc.

In addition, the original embargoes include but are not limited to the following products:slingshots, steel balls, bows, high pressure gas injectors, etc.
    Towels??!

Daughter, in the midst of the obligatory angsty teen Goth phase is distraught. Her black t-shirt supply from the US is in jeopardy.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

i tried buyup on US purchases which I was quite happy. I paid only when I picked it up at their wanchai agent. Not as cheap as shipbao but somewhat within that range. But friends had different experience with them for China/taobao packages

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast