Like Tree14Likes

Where to buy "booties" or extra warm slippers?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Columbia shops do a good line in lined boots like that. I got a pair a few years back and were very happy with them. (I got mine in the Kwai Fong store but there are plenty of others)

Paddy Palin (Australian store) were selling exactly what you want last week. We got a pair.for the mother in law. They were calling them hut booties. Might ship fast enough.

Elegiaque likes this.

The Overlander store in Mongkok usually has a decent selection of winter/snow boots.

Elegiaque likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Columbia shops do a good line in lined boots like that. I got a pair a few years back and were very happy with them. (I got mine in the Kwai Fong store but there are plenty of others)
    Roughly how much?

Thanks for all the suggestions. Will be stopping by Overlander and Chamonix. Can add Columbia too the list, too. But again, it all becomes quite exhausting even just to do these three shops.

I guess while we're at it -- any suggestions for shops that would have very large size hiking pants? The usual places?

And toe socks (5 toe socks).

Japanese discount store Daiso (Living Plaza) Chong Hing Square 601 Nathan stocks fur-lined Croc lookalikes - about $HK40 a pair!

Elegiaque likes this.

@HK_Katherine @jgl what do Australians call "booties"?

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    Dunno. Hubby didn't either. His first reply was "Ugg Boot" because, as JGL already indicated, "UGG BOOT" was not a brand in Australia it was the name of a type of boot!

ANyway, these were the ones we got in Paddy Palin. But they are Rab, which is a UK brand I think actually. They called them hut boots.

https://www.paddypallin.com.au/rab-hut-boot.html

Sorry, I am completely the wrong gender to have a clue about footwear nomenclature! My vocabulary for footwear is pretty much limited to sandals/shoes/boots.

The things in the first photo are just "down boots" afaik.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:

ANyway, these were the ones we got in Paddy Palin. But they are Rab, which is a UK brand I think actually. They called them hut boots.

https://www.paddypallin.com.au/rab-hut-boot.html
    Ok! Thanks. Yes, saw these and they look good. Since you actually have them -- can you tell me can they easily be wiped to be cleaned off/up? Will need them to wear sometimes into an outdoor toilet (sorry if too much information!), so would be good if they're easily cleanable sometimes. And are they easy to slip on and off?

Ok! Thanks. Yes, saw these and they look good. Since you actually have them -- can you tell me can they easily be wiped to be cleaned off/up? Will need them to wear sometimes into an outdoor toilet (sorry if too much information!), so would be good if they're easily cleanable sometimes. And are they easy to slip on and off?
    I have something very similar by Sierra Designs. And would never wear them into any toilet that would be encountered in the backcountry, some third world country, or anything short of a privately owned residence.

For starters, the nylon/poly fabric isn't totally waterproof. And secondly, these things are a bit floppy when it comes to grip (compared to hiking boots). A backcountry toilet is not a place where you would want to be less than 100% surefooted.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    I have something very similar by Sierra Designs. And would never wear them into any toilet that would be encountered in the backcountry, some third world country, or anything short of a privately owned residence.

For starters, the nylon/poly fabric isn't totally waterproof. And secondly, these things are a bit floppy when it comes to grip (compared to hiking boots). A backcountry toilet is not a place where you would want to be less than 100% surefooted.
    Yes, yes, I'm weighing in all these factors. And yes, will be using boots most of the time, but getting up in the night in -10+ -- brrr!!! If they have a rubber sole, I think that would be fine. I've got some fleece slip-on ones with a rubber sole, which my partner will be taking. But I'm a wuss when it comes to the cold and my feet...