Like Tree14Likes

Where to buy "booties" or extra warm slippers?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    Yes, yes, I'm weighing in all these factors. And yes, will be using boots most of the time, but getting up in the night in -10+ -- brrr!!! If they have a rubber sole, I think that would be fine. I've got some fleece slip-on ones with a rubber sole, which my partner will be taking. But I'm a wuss when it comes to the cold and my feet...
    At -10 I will still throw on hiking boots over wool socks, specially when it comes to the middle of the night darkness, and operating by a headlamp

Maybe I just have an unreasonable wariness surrounding backcountry longdrop toilets.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    At -10 I will still throw on hiking boots over wool socks, specially when it comes to the middle of the night darkness, and operating by a headlamp

Maybe I just have an unreasonable wariness surrounding backcountry longdrop toilets.
    Probably a more civilized squat toilet indoors... may be ice, though (ugh, probably lots of ice)...

You know I come from a place with a similar level of creepy things as where you're from (I think), and you're right, there, too, I would not be going into some outhouse in the middle of the night with only slippers. This place will be a little more civilized... don't think there is anything too scary that could be lurking around toilets.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    Ok! Thanks. Yes, saw these and they look good. Since you actually have them -- can you tell me can they easily be wiped to be cleaned off/up? Will need them to wear sometimes into an outdoor toilet (sorry if too much information!), so would be good if they're easily cleanable sometimes. And are they easy to slip on and off?
    Yes, they looked easy to clean (they were a present for my mother in law - I tried them on in the shop for sizing as we have the same feet size).
    Elegiaque likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    I have something very similar by Sierra Designs. And would never wear them into any toilet that would be encountered in the backcountry, some third world country, or anything short of a privately owned residence.

For starters, the nylon/poly fabric isn't totally waterproof. And secondly, these things are a bit floppy when it comes to grip (compared to hiking boots). A backcountry toilet is not a place where you would want to be less than 100% surefooted.
    OK - so these ones we got for the mother in law are for her to walk down the drive to collect the mail. The drive is quite steeply downhill so hubby was worried about the grip, so he had me walking on the "pretend mountain surface" they have in good outdoor stores in Australia to check the grip was good. It was good. (the fact the boots were joined together with some tag and I couldn't move my feet far apart was not so good for the test lol).
    Elegiaque likes this.

Tried M and S ??

Elegiaque likes this.