where to buy bulk yogurt?

Closed Thread

where to buy bulk yogurt?

got a pregnant one who is consuming lots of dairy, any place where i can get yogurt cheaper?

Now, that's what I want to know, too.

I've an appetite for the thick, full-fat creamy stuff - as was spoilt for choice, part due to me time in the Emerald Isles, and the UK.

My usual source of yogurt (faves being straight strawberry or blueberry) is that one-litre tub of St Pauls that I buy every so often from Jusco or Apita. But at over $60 - have been spooning in much less these years here...

Pity it's not as easy to make at home as my (so-far improving) attempts, experiments at bread-making!

Last edited by emmie; 22-11-2008 at 06:49 PM.

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

Lassi on my mind

Actually it makes sense to make your own as yogurt is way overpriced here.
    It is quite easy to do once you know how and about the only thing new you may need to get is a candy thermometer.
    Fankhauser is a real ´gurt geek´ but once you have followed his way, you can branch off on your own once you know the fundamentals,

Making Yogurt

and get some real good greek or bulgarian yogurt to start the whole thing off.

The big 2lb tubs of 'Mountain High' plain yoghurt in 360 are good value - about 45HKD?

Making yoghurt yourself is very easy and much cheaper. I use the easyogurt (available in Taste, Citysuper and Three Sixty Welcome to Easiyo

There is a shop in Central (stanleystreet) where you can get discount if you buy bulk yoghurt (Healthy Delight)
    If you want to visit this shop you better call them in advance, they change the businesshours many times.

I normally order Nestle plain boxes from Indian stores. They sell it for around 3 dollars cheaper than PnS and Wellcome. I found the cheapest one at Indian provision store in Chunking Mansion.