Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Where to buy Board Games in Hong Kong

Where to buy Board Games in Hong Kong

Where are the best places to buy Board Games in the city?
    As a just married couple, going out often is really expensive for us and hence we are looking at building a collection of board games to play during the evenings.

Your best spots to located the (best-priced) english versions of board games in the city would be appreciated

Toy street - Sham Shui Po

stuli1989 and East_coast like this.

Jolly Thinkers Eshop

They have a shop in Wanchai, very large selection of English board games.
    stuli1989 likes this.

Advice on board games- learn to play Mah Jong (it's fun!) there are many different sets of rules (I am from the US, a couple of types of rules there)- learn HK rules (not hard, I have an idea of their rules) and you will have a game you can play with expats and locals.

The only issue is that Mah Jong is best played with 4 people so you need to find another couple...

huja likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by vyral_143
    Toy street - Sham Shui Po
    By far the cheapest.

Sham Shui Po can be hit and miss- often games are copies, fine for simple games but any games that have English elements (cards) can be hard to make sense of. Catan, Carcasonne, Sushi Go, etc are all available.

Quote Originally Posted by kittykaitak
    Sham Shui Po can be hit and miss- often games are copies, fine for simple games but any games that have English elements (cards) can be hard to make sense of. Catan, Carcasonne, Sushi Go, etc are all available.
    I think most of them in Shamshuipo are copies and often-times are Chinese versions. ToysRUs offers the more mainstream games. There are a few boardgame cafes but I recall prices are a bit high.

I buy on Amazon.com - as long as you aren't shipping massive-sized game sets, the shipping cost actually isn't much more than taxi fare

What are some good two-person (not children) board games? And is there a way to rent or borrow them instead of buying them? Would be great if our public library had this service. Board games can get old quickly... no space to store a bunch of unused games after you've gone through that phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque
    What are some good two-person (not children) board games? And is there a way to rent or borrow them instead of buying them? Would be great if our public library had this service. Board games can get old quickly... no space to store a bunch of unused games after you've gone through that phase.
    There are board game cafes where you can try out a load of different ones. I came across this online recently:

https://thehkhub.com/wheat-and-wood-...-in-hong-kong/
    imparanoic and TigerSun like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl
    There are board game cafes where you can try out a load of different ones. I came across this online recently:

https://thehkhub.com/wheat-and-wood-...-in-hong-kong/
    What times do you think you can go that aren't too crowded?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast