Like Tree2Likes

Buying a Suit

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Buying a Suit

Hi everyone!

I'm looking for some recommendations to purchase a suit.

I have no idea of where to go for a good quality suit at a reasonable price (or at least as reasonable quality as I can afford!).
    Obviously, TST is full of men from the sub-continent willing to tailor one at, seemingly, reasonable prices. Though I am sure I'd be unhappy with the product.

I'd prefer a tailored suit, though an adjusted off the shelf one would probably work.

My budget is around 2000.

Any ideas?

I'd be surprised if you can get a quality (a term which means different things to different people) tailored suit for 2k HK.

What is the occasion for wearing the suit? Weddings and funerals (infrequently). Or work (very frequently). If your budget is firm and you will wear it infrequently, I'd probably cheap out on fabric and go for quality tailoring. If you're wearing it frequently I can't offer a suggestion within your budget. That's not to say there aren't options, I just don't know any.

off the shelf, try g2000 (low quality but ok for a few wears but asian sizes), or m&s but they aint cheap tho! im sure youll find a pair of black pants and a plain shirt at uniqlo and maybe a blazer for less than 2K (ok quality too).

Kowloon Goon likes this.

2k for a tailored suit? try vietnam.

There is a tailor company with shops in TST and Central that on occasion runs promotions for their suits at HKD1k - 1.5k. The selection of materials is limited and the style is pretty much set, but you do get it tailored. The lead time is several weeks.

I've had two suits made with them over the years. Frankly for the price, they are decent quality and I really can't complain.

You can PM details if you want to.

Check this tailor platformhttps://www.tailor-m.com/

or you could try taobao
    lot's of selection there, read the comments first

2000 for a tailored suit? No way!

I think you need to be realistic. 4K absolute minimum for anything approaching quality.

I have a tailor come over from Shenzen, who makes decent suits at a reasonable price. Comes to your home and measures you, shows a swatch book of shades and comes back with the suit in a couple of weeks. Now also has a shop in Lai chi kok. I know a few people who were decently happy with his work.

PM for contact details.

rani likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast