Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Walter White
  • 2 Post By HK_Katherine
  • 1 Post By jgl

Quality small umbrella

Quality small umbrella

I’m in the market for a small, fairly light-weight umbrella that can fit in a bag.

Usually I just get the ones from 7-11, but their lifespan isn’t that long. So I thought it might be worth getting a nicer one that will last longer. I definitely don’t want the big ones since I won’t take them out unless it’s raining and then often get stuck without one.

Any recommendations?

bdw

The outdoor stores. The best quality, longest life ones are from Montbell - Overlander has a good range. They have a tiny version which is fabulous for ultra light weight, but my standard is the slightly bigger but much sturdier one as shown in the link below:

https://en.montbell.jp/products/good...uct_id=1128553

jgl and Drunken Master like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw
    Xiaomi!
    Coincidentally, I have one of those and the one I mentioned in my previous post with me now.

Name:  umbrellas.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  2.12 MB

The Xiaomi is definitely good for the 160, it's a bit bigger than a 7-11 umbrella though. I like it.

The small one I can carry in my back pocket. It was a fair bit more expensive though (can't remember the price) but as mentioned before, has a usable frame warranty.
    bdw likes this.

there is a shop between hk station and central station, that sells some umbrella..
    the foldable ones from japan are really small and lightweight.. not cheap either.. think its like 300hkd... not sure if the shop is still there but i have seen other branches elsewhere as well....

Thanks for all the suggestions!