Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By MerMer
  • 1 Post By Kowloon Goon
  • 1 Post By aquaman
  • 1 Post By CarterTG

Wild Salmon in SYP, sheung wan area?

Wild Salmon in SYP, sheung wan area?

I am not much of a shopper and I eat salmon very often. (3 to 4 times a week). My helper usually does the food shopping for me.
    One of my friend recently mentioned me about how farmed salmon's can be toxic. I started googling stuff and it scared me a bit. I guess Wellcome and ParkNShop or govt meat markets are prob not good places to buy salmon if i am eating very often?
    What will be a good place to buy salmon. I usually buy my meat from M&S. Is it good place to buy salmon too? How can we tell if it's farmed or wild. Something that is mentioned on the packaging?

Quote Originally Posted by progammer
    I am not much of a shopper and I eat salmon very often. (3 to 4 times a week). My helper usually does the food shopping for me.
    One of my friend recently mentioned me about how farmed salmon's can be toxic. I started googling stuff and it scared me a bit. I guess Wellcome and ParkNShop or govt meat markets are prob not good places to buy salmon if i am eating very often?
    What will be a good place to buy salmon. I usually buy my meat from M&S. Is it good place to buy salmon too? How can we tell if it's farmed or wild. Something that is mentioned on the packaging?
    I think M&S stock tinned wild salmon although I haven't been in a while. Wild Alaskan red salmon and wild Canadian red salmon too if my I remember correctly.

I order wild salmon online from South Stream Seafoods. They deliver for free if your total is above a certain amount.

progammer likes this.

M&S salmon (both smoked and "fresh") is farmed. Organic shops typically carry organic, wild fish, including salmon (e.g., Organic Plus, Just Green). You have to watch out for "wild farmed" and other similar terms, which typically mean fish swimming in an enclosed (chemical intensive) area in the "wild."

As a side note, I love me some M&S, but their meat selection is not healthy (e.g., nitrates in the ham, beef from the cattle industry, etc.).

progammer likes this.

progammer likes this.