Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By shri

Order online from USA to Hong Kong

Order online from USA to Hong Kong

Hi, I would like to order in the USA in an online store, which only delivers nationally. And I want to get it shipped to Hong Kong.

There seem to be providers in the internet who offers that kind of service. But I was wondering if anybody here has made any good experiences with any provider and can recommend them. I would assume this is not an unusual thing.

Thanks.

It's very common, it's called a forwarder.
    I don't order from the US very often so I use one that doesn't need a monthly subscription, which is MYUSdotCOM (they're not the cheapest I believe, but they are extremely easy to use).
    They give you a US address where you get your stuff shipped, mine is in Florida, when the forwarder receives your package you get a notification asking you what you want to do with the package. You can then (i) wait for more orders to come in and have one big shipment sent to you, or, (ii) if you are not expecting anything more, you tell them to forward your package to HK immediately. Their website gives you an estimate of the cost, which depends on the weight.

Also Hop Shop Go, I think they let you do consolidation of multiple packages without a monthly subscription. Have used myUS and it is expensive but reliable but they won't ship certain things like medication.

https://secure.hopshopgo.com/hopshop...t-shiptrack.do

Thanks jrkob & MABinPengChau! That was very helpful. Will probably go with MYUSdotCOM, as I will only use the service on an occasional basis.

If you're comfortable with a very very local provider (no English on their website) ShipBao has the best rates in town.

Search for "shipbao" on this forum and you'll find a couple of detailed threads on how you can use Google Translate and their website.

Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

I used ********** many times, never had a problem. They charge 24hkd for 1lb and they will round up the weight, e.g. 2.2lb to 3. Use Oregon state for local address. Maybe there are better forwarders out there, would be interested to know.

Very useful, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shri
    If you're comfortable with a very very local provider (no English on their website) ShipBao has the best rates in town.

Search for "shipbao" on this forum and you'll find a couple of detailed threads on how you can use Google Translate and their website.
    I use ShipBao. You can't beat their prices (for example, I got a 2kg pillow shipped over for about HKD60). But they are quirky. As Shri suggested, read the other threads. Once you get the hang of it, it's not hard.