Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By GeoTommy
  • 2 Post By shri

Where to buy: bicycle clothing (MTB)

Closed Thread

Where to buy: bicycle clothing (MTB)

What's a good place to buy bicycle clothing? You know, those pants that look like you are wearing diapers. It's MTB related, no racing bike stuff.

I am aware Taobao has stuff too, but sizes in China often have no meaning. Kowloon side preferred.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    those pants that look like you are wearing diapers. It's MTB related, no racing bike stuff
    Sham Shui Po should have many sportswear shops that will carry those pants.

If you want something more expensive, then try Flying Ball:

http://www.flyingball.com/
    flameproof likes this.

Decathlon? Could not find shorts that looked like diaper containers.... but might be worth a look?

https://www.decathlon.com.hk/en/brow...ing/_/N-1lj50p

flameproof and imparanoic like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Decathlon? Could not find shorts that looked like diaper containers.... but might be worth a look?
    I think the trick is to wear those diaper tights and then baggy shorts over it. That's what I am looking for. Helmet, gloves I got already.

I think I saw a few outdoor clothes stores in SSP. Will try those first.

The SSP places, if you mean AP Liu St, are junky. If not AP Liu St, then you're probably just as well off wearing gym shorts.

Flying Ball. Bull Bikes. CRC. There used to be a Fox Racing place on Dundas Street that sold motocross gear which might have shorts. Unless you are doing crazy stuff, you don't really need dedicated clothing though...

Edit: Maybe Sky Blue but call. They are mainly roadie but have some mtb stuff.

Last edited by jgl; 27-05-2019 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoTommy:
    Sham Shui Po should have many sportswear shops...
    I went to 7 or so. They cater to the (huge) local hiking scene.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoTommy:
    ...that will carry those pants.
    Not a single one had the those diaper shorts.

Will probably check Flying Ball tomorrow...

Went to Flying Ball today. Good hardware they have. For clothes they mainly have the brand items. In the end didn't have the one I want in my size.

Their bike selection is very good. Lots of high end bike. But they do have a few ones for poor people too for around $20,000

Just a side note, if you need a quality bike and find HK prices a bit steep this UK store offers quick delivery to Hong Kong for roughly GBP 80 - that's quite a good deal if you consider that to bring it as air luggage can be trouble too - and they don't charge you UK VAT.

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com

As mentioned a week ago in post 5

Next contender: Decathlon in Mongkok

Surprisingly large underground store. Bike section is OK. Not too much choice. Seems they only have their house brand (Rockrider and BTWin), but that stuff looks like value for money.

They had diaper tights for $69 (quality looked really good), but I settled for diaper tights + outer pants Rockrider set for $189.

Flying Ball's cheapest outer pants (no inner pants) where $500+ - Flying Ball has a much, much better bike selection though.