Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By aslan
  • 1 Post By shri

Quality of mattresses made in China, even if they are well known brand names?

Closed Thread

Quality of mattresses made in China, even if they are well known brand names?

Hi all. I was looking at a few mattresses from brand name companies such as (Serta, Simmons, Sealy, etc), here in Hong Kong, but some of the mattresses are made in China.

Since I am putting down over 10K HKD on a mattress, and I won't know if the mattress will fail until a few years later, has anybody had any experience with brand name mattresses made in China? I would think if you buy a mattress from a brand name company, and the warranty is for 10 years, it should still be decent even if it's made in China.

If you have experience with this, please let me know how it worked out for you. Thank you.

I bought a Simmons mattress a few years ago thinking it would be better than Sealy because it was made in Japan as opposed to Thailand.

The Simmons mattress sagged really badly within 6 months and they agreed to change it for a different model. The same thing happened with the replacement mattress and they refused to change it unless it sagged by 3 inches, which isn’t really going to happen.

I don’t think it makes much difference if a mattress is made in China or another country.

orionx999 likes this.

We've had an airland mattress for the last 5-6 years, purchased locally at one of the furniture stores

The service was good - custom dimensions and the mattress was cut in half to allow for the lift dimensions, with a flexible top that locks the two halves together.

1/2 or 1/3rd the price of the international brands.

https://www.airland.com/page/group-p...l?locale=en_US

orionx999 likes this.

I’ve bought so many mattresses including local brands like Airland but none of them worked for me.

I’m using King Koil now and it’s been fantastic . I picked it up on sale 3 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by aslan:
    I bought a Simmons mattress a few years ago thinking it would be better than Sealy because it was made in Japan as opposed to Thailand.

The Simmons mattress sagged really badly within 6 months and they agreed to change it for a different model. The same thing happened with the replacement mattress and they refused to change it unless it sagged by 3 inches, which isn’t really going to happen.

I don’t think it makes much difference if a mattress is made in China or another country.
    Thanks. I think it's hit or miss, even with the top quality brands like Simmons.

simmons

I worked for a mattress company back in the States and a sagging simmons was very common. Only if the customer insisted would I sell them one because it was always problematic, especially if a pillow top. We picked our current mattress up at ashley furniture in CWB, very happy with it. Same ingredients as the 30k sealy at a fraction of the cost. Cheers